Its here........

Moderators: sgrant, brian

techbod
Site Admin

Re: Its here........

Post by techbod »

I think Stephen and I will attempt the LMC this year - no idea what cars will be going,.

What about the Silverstone Classic? Possible to get a few of us together for that?
The only issue might be parking. Is the WSCC going to be there? If not, without an official club presence parking would have to be in the public car parks rather than infield. Worth forming a W11 club for ? :D :o :lol:

Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

I would be up for Silverstone, when is it?

techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Its 20-22nd July. Some car clubs have a BOGOF offer on tickets if you book before the end of March I think it is.

Markwoodbridge

Post by Markwoodbridge »

Does anyone know how to get involved with the Le Mans Classic parade that goes through the town? I remember reading that the Westfield XIs were invited to take part in previous years?

erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Matthew - the event I'll be doing is the Spa Summer Classic on 15th to 17th June. Also hope to be doing a support race for the 6 hour at the end of September.
Re. Silverstone Classic, hopefully SR&GT will have a club stand there again and I don't see why we couldn't accomodate a whole cluster of Elevens, as well as whatever racers turn up - mine for one. The stand we had last year was pretty big for the 4 or 5 SR&GT cars there. Assuming we do have the stand I'd probably camp there for the weekend and take in the bands and some ale as well as the cars.