TSSC Info Pages

Moderators: sgrant, jonclancy

jonclancy

TSSC Info Pages

Post by jonclancy »

I used to be in the TSSC for years, but sold my GT6 some time ago. This from the TSSC forums has a LOAD of useful info:

http://www.tssc.org.uk/index.php?option ... 208&page=1

jonclancy

Re: TSSC Info Pages

Post by jonclancy »

Having researched campsites on Beermountain.com, Tertre Rouge looks promising.

http://beermountain.com/index.php?page=campsites

Might make sense to rejoin the TSSC for a year?

There are a couple of the non-ACO campsites that look promising too (The Village on the Curves), but I don't yet know if they cater for the LMC.

Splat

Post by Splat »

Used Tertre Rouge a couple of years ago. God-awful pitch between pine trees over a stream when it rained. But we didn't arrive until Friday so had to take what space was left (no marked pitches). Close to track. Actually, VERY close to track. Showers/latrines were quite good.

Just back (as in about an hour ago) from the ACO supplied Houx campsite. Flat, dry, convenient and a beer tent less than a two minute walk away!! But the French latrines were something else.

Actually, they weren't. They were French latrines...........

In my limited experience, the ACO has all the ground that is actually suitable for pitching a tent. The British operators rent woods and fields from local farmers who rub their hands in glee as les rostbeefs pitch their tents on ground that the day before was home to a herd of Charolais with dysentery.

jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

See what you mean. I'd rather arrive on early and grab a decent pitch on a campsite with excellent facilities. Not really into slumming it nowadays - left the 12x12 and thunderboxes long behind! :D

I like the idea of a secure site, near the track, decent ablutions and dry, if not level, ground. Budget dictates I'll probably be sleeping in a damp 2x6 next to a public thunderbox... :shock:

Splat

Post by Splat »

Just stumbled across this rather old post. We didn’t do too badly in the end, did we Jon (when you finally made it :lol:)

[attachment=0]6778F01E-D28C-4FD7-A9D4-1524293B7898.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
6778F01E-D28C-4FD7-A9D4-1524293B7898.jpeg

jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

That was a good pitch. See you there in 2021. If I get my leave again! :o :D

Splat

Post by Splat »

Go sick :twisted: