Classic Le Mans 2016

Moderators: sgrant, jonclancy

Splat

Classic Le Mans 2016

Post by Splat »

2014 may or may not be a no-show. I'd like to go, but not on my tod. Jon would like to go, but may have more pressing commitments. Anybody else thinking of going?

But I have a suggestion. 2016 will mark the diamond jubilee (60 years) of the Eleven's class win at Le Mans. How about we try to have a reasonable turn-out to celebrate? Half-a-dozen or more Elevens in convoy down to Le Mans? Here's over two year's notice. Who's in?

Ps: I'd be more than happy to organise this. Ferry booking, site booking (camping but with decent facilities), tickets etc.

jonclancy

Re: Classic Le Mans 2016

Post by jonclancy »

2016 is my 50th birthday year (as well as the Lotus anniversary), and it's been a long-cherished plan to drive a car, (re)built by me, to Le Mans. Never happened with my GT6, sadly.

2014 was intended to be a proving run with No 42. I mean, *every* Eleven has to run on that track, surely?? :P

I'd be running my car one-up, with camping equipment and spares kit in the pax-side and "boot". I'm beyond slumming it (in a puddle, next to a thunderbox), so would look at an organised trip for either/both events. I'll be finding out what TD terms are, as it may be possible to pay a deposit and the balance later. Or just start saving for 2016. It'll be around a grand for the four-day event, I expect. Not cheap by anyone's reckoning, but could be an entirely memorable event.

So there you go, my Project X is revealed!

Merry Christmas!

Jon

M400too

Post by M400too »

I am building an 11 at present and was hoping to get to leman this year but now realise with work commitments it's not going to happen so 2016 is a good target for me to have car built and all sorted most likely long before hopefully so would be up for this I an in Scotland so ferry options are the hard bit as it's either drive a long stint in uk or get ferry from Rosyth hull and have a haul on other side any advice on this please

Splat

Post by Splat »

Very simple. We make this an obligatory event. You start driving at 10pm. All the other owners will join you en route at various times of the night. You can all converge on me near Andover at 6am. I get up, have a cuppa, leisurely S,S&S and we all make the breakfast crossing from Portsmouth at 8am. Simples........... :lol:

M400too

Post by M400too »

Now that's a plan as long as you promise to leave us all outside until your ready to leave !!!!

Splat

Post by Splat »

Did you ever, even for a second, think otherwise? Wouldn't want a bunch of scruffy oiks upsetting the memsahib.....

Nice to hear of from yet another new build underway. Keep us all informed.

alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

Could any foreigners be allowed to jump on this band wagon and join the group when the ferry would hit mainland Europe?

Splat

Post by Splat »

Yes. Bring gin.

jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

... as long as it's Hendrick's or Tanqueray No10.

M400too

Post by M400too »

Are you saying us north of the border are foreigners I may bring whiskey as currency as pound may not be an option !!