Classic Le Mans 2016

Moderators: sgrant, jonclancy

M400too

Re: Classic Le Mans 2016

Post by M400too »

So we possibly have five to go - at present depending on finance I may trailer car across and make a two week holiday of it try stelvio as even if for some reason it has a glitch I will not be stranded starting to think this May be a one time trip so squeeze as much in as possible

M400too

Post by M400too »

http://peterauto.peter.fr/files/pdf/lmc ... -entry.pdf this is entry list for 2014 a few lotus x1 running

M400too

Post by M400too »

Well that's 2014 out of the way so two years to organise - any ideas of a program and who to get in touch with for access etc, experince from previous would help I understand we may need to piggy back on to another larger club as we are too small a group to sort full club support but happy to be corrected

stricor

Post by stricor »

Been at classic le mans this year with the eleven, was great,
will be there in 2016 for sure. If we can do something as a group
would be nice.

Cor

Splat

Post by Splat »

I'm still keen to go in 16. As I pointed out at the start of the thread, it'll be the 60th anniversary of Team Lotus winning it's class with the Eleven. I wonder if Club Lotus would allow us to piggyback with them? I'm usually more than happy to organise (AKA control freak) but seem to have no spare time. If someone else has the gumption (you still volunteering M400too?) then count me in.

M400too

Post by M400too »

Well gumption makes it sound a tad of a chore but yes in principle I will look at just need a few pointers and a guiding hand in case it looks like something's missed etc so yes volunteer I do

M400too

Post by M400too »

I noticed previously that a travel car tour company has been used is this best option or can it be sorted easily between us there are advantages to both one no worries all done for you- possibly little flexibility - second we can do exactly what we want may get camping/ accomplish with a club- my site on FB is getting likes from westie owners in Belgium and France so may get to join up also local knowledge - I may if no one objects start something on FB for le man classic 2016 to improve visibility - feed back on this would be appreciated

Splat

Post by Splat »

The more elevens we can muster in a muddy French field, the merrier :D .

Ps: In a case of flagrant thread drift, is anyone going to the Goodwood Revival this month? My car will be in the Revival Car Show (aka car park) on Sunday. Hoping for a slightly dryer day than last year :shock:

M400too

Post by M400too »

I agree but I was thinking large vino in a chateaux but hey ho

Love to do revival but nightmare from the frozen waste land of indecision

jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

My car's still in bits, the clock is ticking and the wheels are somewhat off the cart at the moment. Looking to complete the engine reinstallation by the end of the month. So, no Revival for me, sadly.