Post Le Mans thread

General Discussion about the trip

Moderators: sgrant, brian

techbod
Site Admin

Post Le Mans thread

Post by techbod »

Well someone had to start one.

Quick first look around the net for drivers parade pictures, we all show up on the autoblog page: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-24h ... er-parade/ near the end.

I'll have a look round for some more, there were enough press photographers around.....

techbod
Site Admin

Re: Post Le Mans thread

Post by techbod »

Don't know if these are from this year - some cars are the same but some I didn't spot? If yes then there are no photo's otherwise keep an eye out for updates with the Westfields added.
http://www.grande-parade-des-pilotes.co ... s.php?a=13

erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Everyone back safe I trust? We woke to heavy rain this morning and the first two hours of the journey were the same. Matt's car myteriously died for a short time but them restarted Ok and ran fine afterwards. Then sunny until end of the M20 and around the M25 where we were driving in a thunderstorm. It was like having buckets of water thrown at you. Matt and I got what turned out to be the last two places on the 18:20 train so Austen ended up on the 18:50.
The barbecue was good last night and we ended up at the Japanese team party along with the two young Irish lads. It was a very weird experience - but fun! One of the guys we were talking to seemed to be their party / event organiser so I'm going to email him and see if we can get pictures of the girls.
Stephen - I'll do some reasearch on possible head suppliers that are close enough for you to visit. I'll also talk to Travel Destoinations and Peter Tomalin at EVO to get the low down on driving the parade laps at the Classic. Will up load my pictures in the next day or so.
Excellent weekend - thanks to all for your good company.

techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Good to hear you got back in one piece. I though you might get wet at the UK end.

We were lucky on the way back - not a drop. In fact the nearer to the tunnel we got the sunnier it got. We also got lucky with the crossing, we where supposed to be on the 10pm(ish) crossing but got let on very early and crossed at around 6:15 or so!

Good cruise back with no petrol issues. Bumped into the D type replica from the parade at one of the stops who says this was his 4 or 5th year of the drivers parade. So you never know, its not impossible it might all happen again...

Best Le Mans experience I've had by a country mile. I can't see me wanting to go back to Le Man normal again just for the racing. It would seem so errm tame.

Batter start planning for the classic now then.

Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Somewhat off topic, but what was that spray on car polish that did such a good job. I need some for home.

Matthew

sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Hi Matt,

Try "Miracle Drywash Car Cleaning Kit."

Amazon sell it for about £12

Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Thanks