Register Interest in a Winged Sump

All things oily!
jonclancy

Register Interest in a Winged Sump

Post by jonclancy »

This is the thread to register your interest in the Winged Sump that is being developed. We need to get an idea of how many units may be wanted. If it's just two or three, then we'll hand-fabricate them. If it's more, then we can get the sheet cnc-folded and economies of scale come into play.

Original thread here - links in at the relvant point with pics:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=306&start=30

Ta.

REGISTER OF INTEREST (even if not fully confirmed - just to get an idea of how numbers are building)

1. Jon
2. Ben
3. Stephen
4. Splat
5. Si
6. Ian
Last edited by jonclancy on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beng4

Re: Register Interest in a Winged Sump

Post by beng4 »

Yes please- how big will the wings be do you think as will probably require a mod of my undertray.

Cheers

B.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

I've taken some reasonably accurate measurements and posted them in the other thread.

Any one else interested?
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Hi Jon,

Only just seen this - yes please. I'd be interested, assuming the purpose is to gain a bit of ground clearance!

stephen
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

So how much do you want for the pan?
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

I'm not entirely sure at the moment, Jan. The prototype has a fair slug of development time in it. I was intending to find out rough numbers, then we can get a quote from the CNC folders. Once we get that, then pricing can be firmed up - and the job made much quicker and easier. I will aggregate the total cost and it will be a transparent process.

I'll also need to fit the prototype to prove it does what it is designed to do, and also to work out the recalibration on the dipstick (saw it off and make sure you run just above the original max line?).

I have another spare sump I picked up on the way to Goodwood, so we "may" be able to work out some sort of exchange scheme. Finally, if you have bashed your sump or even holed it, we don't care - we just need to top bit!!
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

I have 4 perfectly useful sumps, 3 that have never been bashed. If I count the sumps on the cars, 6!

Perhaps if you get to sunny So. California, you can take a couple back with you.
Elva 11

Post by Elva 11 »

Hi Jon. Yes I'm interested. If its any help re production, I have access to full CNC laser and Press brake facilities. PM me if you think This would help. Ian