Powerflex Bushings

All things oily!
jonclancy

Re: Powerflex Bushings

Post by jonclancy »

Ah, yes. Your text a fortnight ago... sorry. :)

OK, I'll pick this up with Powerflex to get the prices. I've re-read the whole thread, noted the sizing and also the observation that the WF PU bushes (that fit, but have less PU) would be more desirable for the front suspension.

Might be that we get together and split orders from both WF and Powerflex. If Powerflex are unable to run a small order in the price bracket we are after, then options are to: a. Go for the current WF offering at £121 per car set, or just go for the old metalastics (for me. Three of the guys will already have them with their kits).

I'll let you know what a Powerflex come back with.

Here is the spec for the run of 50 bushes:

PU in Purple (mid hardness).

PU diameter 24.3mm (this is the diameter of the universal bush. No re-tooling cost!)
PU length, as required to fit two thrust washers. Overall length including washers = no more than 38.0mm).

Stainless Steel tube

OD = Same as used in universal bush.
ID = 7/16" (11.05mm. 11mm will do nicely).
Length = 38mm

All supplied in bulk, no packaging, no grease etc.

How does that look?

Cheers

Jon
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Folks,

I received the following from Paul.

I have worked out a price for the modified bush with no packaging, the price for 50 off would be £7.15 each plus postage and VAT.

1 bush = 1 x polyurethane part Shore A 80 (shortened 99-116 to 32.5mm), 1 x stainless steel sleeve (38mm long x 7/16 bore), 2 x nylon washers.

Please let me know if you wish to order them or if you have any questions.

If all six takers are in, I can order these. We could split order sets from Westfield, and have less compliant sets at the front, more compliant at the rear. Work out at around £140 per set, unless my maths is out...

Questions, comments?

Cheers

Jon
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

Hi, Jon,
I'm still in and looking forward to my bushes coming.

Many Thanks for your efforts

Simon
Elva 11

Post by Elva 11 »

Hi Jon.
Yes I'm still in. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Can I get it right, 8No of the 'new' bushings for the rear, as the spec in your latest post from your supplier. Bushes for the front from Westfield?
Can you send me payment details for your supply, assume the Westfield parts can be bought direct if they have any stock. Thanks again
Regards Ian.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Guys,

I'll PM you with payment details one for your postal addresses when I have bushes in my sticky mitts. Yes, per Jan's observations, new bushes at the rear. Westfield supplied items for the front.

I notice the set of 18 on offer for £120ish seems to have disappeared... unless anyone has a link. Not to matter, as there are stocks of individual bushes at £8.05 each. More expensive, but you can buy what you need, when you need them.

I will be ordering 50 units of our XI spec bushes. That's six rear sets and two spares. I think we have six takers... :D

I won't, at the moment, be ordering any sets from Westfield. They'd be slightly cheaper as a set, but I'd have six left over...

How does that sound? Any thoughts on the material/dims before I place the order??

Cheers

Jon
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Bump

Ordering on Friday. Any questions or comments prior would be appreciated. If I don't hear anything, I'll assume everyone is happy. :D

Cheers

Jon
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi All,

Fifty bushes ordered. I'll be charged when the order is dispatched to me in about three weeks. I'll let everyone know about pricing then. I can also include a small bag of the appropriate grease if someone can confirm the spec. If it's just Servisol Silicone grease, you can pick it up from Maplin for a fiver.

Cheers

Jon
Splat

Post by Splat »

Silicone grease with ptfe (Teflon). Not the aerosol type. Commonly used for lubing air rifles. Loads on eBay (I bought 200g of food grade white grease for about £7.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Brilliant! Just the info I was looking for, Si.

Thanks! :D
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Update:

I received a call from Powerflex this morning. Our order is ready for dispatch!

I've invoice, and they will be with me in a few days. I'm massively busy this week, but will look to get the parcels dispatched early next week. Expect a PM with my email address in it. We can take the rest of the process offline. I intend to use cardboard postage boxes, which will put up the mailing price a little, but will ensure the bushes and sleeves arrive in pristine condition.

I won't include any grease. It's easily available from eBay, as Splat advised.

Stand by for a PM.

Cheers

Jon