2013 Revival

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

2013 Revival

Post by jonclancy »

Finally got my time off confirmed for the Revival. Result!! :D

Seeing as we booked camping for the whole event with electrical hook-up, I'm considering taking a tin-top loaded to the gunwales with kit rather than the XI. Anyone else going this year? Bringing your XI? Want to meet for a beer?
jonclancy

Re: 2013 Revival

Post by jonclancy »

Mike, Col and I are packed and ready to go!! :D

No sports-cars this year, but a BIG tent, lots of kit and three days of Revival to look forward to!

If anyone is coming and would like to meet for a chat/tea/beer etc, just drop me a line here.

Should be a hoot - despite the weather... 8-)
Splat

Post by Splat »

Weather depending, it'll be the XI on Sunday. If not, the Gallardo. If the former, then it'll be in the Revival car park. You have mail, Jon. (Or at least, you will in a minute or two).
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Sunday is looking quite reasonable at the moment...

Sat = occasional showers.

Fri = cloudy till eve then rain.

Hope to see your XI. PM replied to.
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Ditto; will be there Sat, but not sure at the moment whether I'll bring the XI, as the weather forecast doesn't look great at the moment.

Chichester's not too bad, but it's solid rain where i'll be setting out from.

s
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

Yesterday was nice. Overcast but no rain. I walked around in a polo shirt. I know, it's not in best Revival style, but then again, I was there by pure coincidence, after a meeting at Rolls Royce HQ in Goodwood.

I didn't have a ticket. Wanted to buy one at the counter but then I was politly told these were long sold out. I saw 2 XI on the classic car park, amongst lots more of other beatifull gear.

When I drove home it started to drizzle, rain to Folkestone in the evening.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Shame I missed Malc, but a pleasure to meet Splat and Mrs Splat. Hope you didn't get too soaked on the drive home! :o Weather was pretty horrid on the way to the M3.

We saw some great racing, and some of it in VERY challenging conditions. Brave stuff, indeed.

The three of us had a great long-weekend, and are already drawing up plans for a re-attack!
Splat

Post by Splat »

jonclancy wrote:
> Shame I missed Malc, but a pleasure to meet Splat and Mrs Splat. Hope you
> didn't get too soaked on the drive home! :o Weather was pretty horrid on
> the way to the M3.
>

Likewise yourself, Jon. The journey home was pretty exciting! Heavy rain, squally cross-winds, the wonderfully well-drained British motorway surface, an Eleven, and his-and-hers matching corker helmets and period goggles don't make for a great mix. Still, we made it back in reasonable safety, in good time and with remarkably little complaint from the self-loading cargo. :D