Lotus Breadvan

Everything else Eleven related
sgrant

Re: Lotus Breadvan

Post by sgrant »

Saw it there as well, in the paddocks, on the Saturday. Incredible-looking thing. Shame there weren't any other elevens there though; only 15s as far as I could see.

Great days racing on the Sat, but I wish I'd seen it in action in the TT.

stephen
allymally

Post by allymally »

That's Me Lot! :lol:

[attachment=0]untitled.png[/attachment]
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (62.53 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Splat

Post by Splat »

Ah, fishing! Have you considered the Californian coast? They have both the best weather and the biggest fish. Anywhere. Ever. Would you like any tips on tackle/bait/technique? Only I know just the man to ask :roll:
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Fish? Well, the occasional great white shark.

Mostly whales. Not fish. On a good day, they will pop their heads up, and swallow an entire school of fish in one gulp. Then, they look around, and are usually bored with what they see, so they submerge again. Somehow, they manage to miss most of the kayakers and surfers in the bay.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Further to the " Breadvan " stories . Around 1967 I purchased a 1962 1340 cc Cosworth engined Series II Lotus Seven from a small Workshop / Garage in St. Helens Lancashire who were selling it on behalf of a customer . All my dealings were done with one of the partners in the business called Ken Le Riche ( The other partner had a V8 engined 105e Anglia ).
Ken had somehow aquired the chassis drawings for the Sevens and set to and made up his own car , with his own Seven style chassis and his own interpretation of the Ferrari Breadvan body and I think a 105e engine . This is all some 47 years ago and when I last spoke to him at least 30 years ago i asked about the " Breadvan " , has he called it from day one , he had long since diposed of it but occasionaly some one would contact asking about it's pedigree . I haven't a clue where either Ken or the car are now , if he is still with us I would imagine he will be approaching eighty now .
His chassis drawings came in handy as he did two major chassis rebuilds for me whilst I had the Seven . ( 523 CBU ) I will be highly delighted if the foregoing story raises a response .
Bob Whittaker
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Never fished the Pacific, but had my best day of fishing in the Gulf out of Panama City a few years back. A group of us from CAT took a trip there at Spring Break. Dolphin Fish, Grouper and Amberjack, plus one small Bull shark made for a great day, followed by a good night out. Must do it again sometime. Took my own 12 lb class tackle which made for amazing fights, from the Amberjack especially. Those things can dive when hooked! Another thing to put on the "things I must do" list! Plan to visit the US again next year (10 years since we moved back from here) but regret we are not likely to make it out West. Chicago - Peoria - Memphis - New Orleans - Peachtree City (GA) is the itinerary. A good road trip with all the family, hopefully.
11admire

Post by 11admire »

beng4

Post by beng4 »

That white metal model looks a bit more like a mk9?
allymally

Post by allymally »

Well that's what you call a Dire casting ;) I agree its a Nine, must have been a good salesman, or perhaps this guy knows nothing about cars :lol:
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

WESTFIELD ELEVEN WHEEL ARCHES

Has anyone opened up the wheel arches in a similar manner that shown on the " Lotus Breadvan ".
Probably only a mornings work to do all four but what a c--kup if it doesn't look right ! ! With front
and rear clamshells at somewhere near £1050.00 each with deilvery it could be a financial as well
as a visual faux pas.I would also imagine the visual positioning ( Track ) of the wheels would also
require thought. After all it would be copying one of the breed.

Any comments ? Bob Whittaker