My Eleven for sale

Everything else Eleven related
sgrant

My Eleven for sale

Post by sgrant »

Dear All, with much sadness, I am putting my eleven up for sale. Much as I love it, I have a busy family life and other sportscars and consequently the XI never gets used. Rather than have it sit idle in my garage, I'd rather someone else enjoyed driving it. In 10 years I have amassed 3,000 miles in the car, which says it all really.

It was built by the Westfield factory as their 2006 demonstrator, first registered Feb 2006. They ran it for a few months and it appeared in various magazines and also on an episode of 5th Gear, with Tiff Needel driving it (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U6_9-SZY3M). II bought the car from them at the end of 2006. I wasn't particularly happy with the quality of the bodywork, so spent around £5,000 at Option One Sportscars, where they tidied up the bodywork, repainted the car in Jaguar Racing Green, strengthened the front clam, installed a roll hoop behind the driver's head, a front clam stay and so on. I also fitted a stage 3 head from Slark Race Engineering, along with twin 45 Weber carbs and a few other bits. The carbs were set up by Airey Tuning, who measured 100bhp on their rolling road. It's pretty much immaculate bar a couple of small paint scratches, it comes with 12 months MOT, 13" wire wheels, and runs the original Spridget 1275 A-series and 4spd box. It is taxed (although that's no longer transferrable) and has a genuine 3,000 miles on the clock, much of was acquired on a trip to Le Mans and back in 2009, when it was invited to participate in the Driver's Parade through the town on the Friday before the race. Other than that it has spent it's entire life in my garage, coming out for the very occasional round trip in nice weather. Photos available on request (it's the car featured on the header of this website).

The car is based in Surrey and is for sale for £27,000.

Register photo here: http://www.westfield-eleven.org/stepheng.jpg

Regards,

stephen
jonclancy

Re: My Eleven for sale

Post by jonclancy »

Sorry to see you are selling your car, Stephen. It's a lovely looking example and I think you will find a buyer in short order.

Good luck with the sale. It's been to LM and Combe, and been ragged by Tiff. Pedigree indeed! :D

Jon
Chris Todd

Re: My Eleven for sale

Post by Chris Todd »

Stephen

Sorry to hear that the Eleven will no longer be part of your life!
Having met up with you a couple of times I can say it is the best Eleven that I have come across and your figures illustrate, no expense spared.
But, if it does not get the use, its time to move on.
Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a dream car!