Moderator(s) wanted

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Moderator(s) wanted

Post by techbod »

Anyone else want to be added as a moderator?

Stephen got very little choice in the matter (in case I wasn't sitting at my desk and it all went wrong) but if anyone else wants to chuck their hat into the ring, please feel free.

I have to add, so far the job of moderator has required doing precisely nothing, and in all probability it is likely to stay like this unless we open the board up...
brian

Re: Moderator(s) wanted

Post by brian »

If you need someone I'd be happy to be added. Unless you envisage the job involving writing pages of linux and perl scripts to turn the board into the equivalent of a Teasmade in which case I'll remove myself from the running.
Brian
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

No writing Linux required (though if you wish to contribute to the great body of work that is GPL/Linux/*BSD I'm sure we would all be grateful :) )
You are now a mod. Hopefully you will need to do nothing, but in the event a post needs deleting or similar you now have the power!
brian

Post by brian »

I see I've been de-moderatored. Have I done something wrong?
Brian?
markblunt

Post by markblunt »

You're on my page as a moderator:
WXIscreengrab.jpg
Regards

Mark
brian

Post by brian »

There's something odd going on - possibly with my brain.
I can see and use the moderator control panel, but I'm listed in it as a registered user rather than admin. The drop down list only has registered user available to me...
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

I've not de-moderated you - I still see you as a forum mod when I log in (along with sgrant)

The bits the moderator can do are (should be) listed under the moderators control panel heading. I think provided you can manipulate the stuff under there your moderator permissions are working correctly without needing to change your user permissions to admin.

So do you see the 'moderate post' option under the 'Moderators control panel' heading? If so, if you click on it do you see the posts appear on the right hand side and a drop down box at the bottom that allows you do delete a post etc?

I've created a "delete me" post after this one. Have a go at deleting it and see what happens?
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

You show up as a mod in the moderators log (which you can't see ironically :) ) doing moderator type things as recently as yesterday, so I think it is all working correctly but just delete my previous post to be sure. cheers
brian

Post by brian »

Oh well, that worked. I'll blame it on cookies. That's what our in house web chappie usually does :)
Sorry to be a nuisance...
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

"Them Damn Cookies. Why, I oughta ...."
No worries :smile: