Time to sell, sadly. A good 10 years!

Everything else Eleven related
erictharg

Time to sell, sadly. A good 10 years!

Post by erictharg »

After 10 years of use and abuse I am going to sell my Eleven. I've been pretty much everywhere in it and done everything I want including 5 season of racing. Time to move on. Any guidance on an asking price? I'm thinking just under £20k as a starter. If anyone is interested drop me a PM and I can send you a spec sheet and photos. Correctly road registered as a 1970 car. V5 shows the correct engine details for the 4AGE power unit. Race prepared and just got a fresh MoT.
New project is a 1947 MG TC pile of bits. Should keep me busy for a while...
beng4

Re: Time to sell, sadly. A good 10 years!

Post by beng4 »

Thats a real shame, sorry to hear you are selling i had hoped we would hear more tales from the race curcuit. I have always liked the look of your car- proper club racer. Also enjoyed reading your posts, and meeting up- that old a- series of yours is still proving to be a riot in my car! Keep in touch and let us know how that MG rebuild progresses- whats the deal with that- a concourse rebuild or a historic racer?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Thanks Ben. Trust you are well. Glad the "old" A series is providing entertainment! I'll hopefully go back to racing some time in the future but right now it eats too much of my pension to be sustainable.
The MG will be a rebuild into "usable" condition. Definitely not concours! Will keep it as original as possible and hopefully looking like it is 70 years old. I don't like the "fully restored" look myself. Then have some adventures with it. I'd like to do the Angouleme Tourist rally next year with it.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Well that was quick! A little over a week on Car and Classic and sold to a dealer from Belgium. Workshop looks a little empty now...
Now learning the quirks of 1940's cars with wood framed bodies. Hope to stay in touch.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Charles,

Well, that was quick! :D

Hopefully get a similar level of interest in mine. Yes, I have initiated Plan A! To (part) build my own XI...

I trust you're going to stay around here and let us know how the MG is going?

All the best

Jon
biggles

Post by biggles »

Seconded, I think we need a standing thread on non XI related blattage/building in the same spirit as wot we are up to!

At least we could post links to our/others interesting build threads?

I'll go first, I have a thing for Bedford CAs too! No build (yet) though. Developments on my own fledgling XI efforts though, a donor sits in my garage, seen and bought the night before heading off on hols, pics to follow once I'm back from sunny and rainy Antigua! (Sorry, thread creep and free flowing red wine)
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Hope to stay in touch with y'all. And who knows even meet up again at LE Mans or similar?