2019 Mileage

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

2019 Mileage

Post by jonclancy »

Just for a bit of fun! How about posting mileages periodically throughout the season?

Crap trophy for the winner.

I’ll kick off with 10.5 so far. First run this afternoon. Old fuel made starting hard, but some fresh Super sorted that out! Guess the old stuff I dropped to get me o the garage in must have come from my mower can. Smoked a bit with the castor oil, smelled great, but all fully filled with the good stuff now!! :D

Planning runs further afield. Reminds me that I do need to convert my points fuel pump to solid state this year!
jonclancy

Re: 2019 Mileage

Post by jonclancy »

Another 75 this afternoon. I now have proven range to make it to Slarks rolling road for tuning. Or down to Dorset for a cuppa! :D
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Ok, not much. 100 miles or so. The W11 is stuck in the garage until I get the red R5 finished. 'Should be about a month.

Hopefully, I will have time to service it as it sits.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

He sun was blazing all day yesterday! 8-)

Took a 136 mile round trip run out to Dorset. Marvellous! Car running well, new M1144 pads nicely bedded in, and only a few HGV to hi der progress down the A350.

My total is now nearing 540 for the season. That’s going to rise to over 600 this weekend - jaunts planned to Castle Combe on Saturday with Splat, and Prescott with ‘Er Indoors on Sunday. Ace! :D
biggles

Post by biggles »

Pics Jon!
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Went in the tin-top to Prescott, but got some pics on my big camera. I’ll post some up when I have a chance to go through them. Also got some nice ones from the HLR presence at the Club Lotus track day at Combe.

Well over 600 miles now, and climbing! 8-)
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

170 miles in today , Clitheroe / Skipton / Settle /Kirkby Lonsdale ( Devil's Bridge to see the bikes ) / Sedbergh / Dent / Kendal / Ulverston ( Lakeland Motor Museum ) then back South from Kendal to Preston
via the M6 and return to Clitheroe on A59 . The car was going like a train , never missed a beat . The Lakeland Motor Museum is worth a visit , no Elevens Westfield or Lotus , however there were plenty
of " Lookers " in the car park and photo shoots with youngsters in the car . Some consolation as there is an excellent display of Vincent motorcycles including Black Lightning / Black Knight / Black Shadow /
Grey Flash and others , there is as well TVR N0. 2 , the museum and the exhibits are absolutely immaculate !
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Sounds lovely, Bob. If a little out of the way from home for me.

I did do a nice little run to my mate’s new gaff in Gaydon on Sunday, though. About 135 miles round trip, and lots of classics to gawp at as I neared the Museum area. Of course, the XI generated a ton of interest when I stopped to fill up... 8-)

Total mileage this year, 808. Hoping to hit 1000 soon. That’ll make it the best year yet for me. Do need to think about bolstering the padding in my seat. Backside was getting a bit sore by the time I got home!!
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

The seat fix is easy! Just get a section of 3 layer temperfoam (soft, medium and hard, all ready to be cut to the shape of your seat squab). The hard material goes on the bottom, the soft side on the top. You may be able to find this at Aircraft Spruce, or other supplier using the internet search.

There is also a race car accessory called a "Backsaver" that is a tempurfoam pad. Any hard core race supply should have that product, if not the tempurfoam itself.
This will transform your W11.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Thanks for the sterr, Jan. I seem to have vinyl over hardboard at the moment. Might even make two, and take one to work with me!