Forum Issues

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

Forum Issues

Post by jonclancy »

Just a quick note to ask if anyone else is having the same problems I am with the forum software?

Once logged in, when moving around sections, or starting a new task like posting, I have to login again. The first go i variably states Submitted form invalid, please try again. Then the second or third try seems to work. Then, moving sections or tasks, I get logged out again.

My PM box is full and every time I try to delete messages to free it up, I get a submitted form invalid message, and the action fails. I have three messages pending that are stuck.

I’m using iPad with Safari mostly, though the problem happens on other platforms and browsers too. I’ve deleted cookies etc, and set up a second account, but that has the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
jonclancy

Re: Forum Issues

Post by jonclancy »

Login timeout seems to be a few seconds..
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

I am, unfortunately if you like, experiencing none of the described issues.
biggles

Post by biggles »

No, none of the above, but I get exactly what you describe on Madaboutkitcars forum. That started after an iOS update. No clue why. Can only think a different browser might be the answer?
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Thanks Guys,

I’ve tried it on Safari and Chrome. Same deal. Maybe it’s an IOS problem. Will try from my phone hotspot. Seem to recal itmwas a problem with my PC, too. Will investigate more...
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Doesn't work in Chrome on my PC.

Looks like it could be a phpBB issue...

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15397661

In the initial release phase we've noticed an issue that can prevent users from fully mass deleting PM's. Deleting them one by one is not affected. It will be corrected in 3.2.10 but in the meantime the fix can be found here https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5821/files

NOTE:- The issue also exists in phpBB 3.3.0
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Yep - can delete individual mails now - from WITHIN the message.

Mailbox now re-opened for business. But you lot pretty much know how to get hold of me anyway!

Cheers

Jon