New doors

Everything else Eleven related
Morris

New doors

Post by Morris »

Quite randomly, I stumbled across some XI door mouldings on eBay - no hinges, perspex or fittings with them though...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-el ... 890.l49292
biggles

Re: New doors

Post by biggles »

Good spot
I'm missing doors but they don’t have compound curves so I was going to make some for greater athen awtenthic oartentithiy coolness :D
Morris

Post by Morris »

Ha ha, you must be quite an Eleven door connoisseur 😀! It never even crossed my mind that they had anything other than a simple 2d curve.
biggles

Post by biggles »

No, you've got it right, they are not supposed to have compound curves. My poor use of commas! That makes them easy enough to make for an ali basher of my skill level. And Ali doors look more original anyway. I've got some on my full race (still unrestored) W11 to copy to help me along.
Cheers Tim
Morris

Post by Morris »

That's ok. My son has recently had minutes of fun (not!) adding commas into sentences to change their meaning for his English homework!

I'd love to see your race W11 one day to see what can be done to the standard car.

Morris.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Re the racer, surprisingly it doesn't look that much different to a standard road going one, other than a rather huge and unsightly full width roll over hoop (it's a flat back, rather than Le Mans hump. The rack has been repositioned, it has full rose joint suspension and a narrowed English axle (still drum rear brakes) and a dry sump x flow lump, but gather wise looks pretty normal! No carpets, obv!
Regards Tim