HOW TO RESTORE FIBREGLASS BODYWORK OSPREY RESTORATION GUIDE

Post by jonclancy »

HOW TO RESTORE FIBREGLASS BODYWORK OSPREY RESTORATION GUIDE MILES WILKINS

On eBay at a decent price....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOW-TO-RESTOR ... rvr_id%3D0
allymally

Re: HOW TO RESTORE FIBREGLASS BODYWORK OSPREY RESTORATION GU

Post by allymally »

Thanks for the info Jon, hows your eleven going with new engine? I met Gary Gun at Castle combe last week when I tested the Mallock for the first time, all went without a hitch, :D I pleased to say the slowest bit was the Driver :lol: I intend to do the ACOC sprint at Goodwood in my Eleven next month, never done a sprint before so all new, trying to decide on Diff ratio a present.
All the very best Malc
[attachment=0]MallockU2MKV998cc-2.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Picture of my car back in the sixties
Picture of my car back in the sixties
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Malc,

Nice pic! Glad to hear the Mallock is going great guns. Speaking of which, it must've been great to catch up with Gary after all those years!

I've got a problem with my compression on #2 Cyl with my car, but to be honest, the house is soaking up all my time at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to fix it yet. :(
allymally

Post by allymally »

Hi Jon, Didn't really have time to chat with Gary for long unfortunately He had a nice Midget which he had rebuilt also doing shake down but one of the half shafts had spun its flange.
I thought you had a recent re-build on your engine! did it have any symptoms when it went wrong?
Where have you moved to ? still in the same area?
All the very best Malc
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Malc,

Blimey, the boys work fast! I last saw that Midget as a shell being sorted out what seems like only a few weeks ago. Times flies when you're having fun!

Yes, I'm in the same area... In fact, only around 10 mins from Loaded Gunn and Somerford Mini now.

I've just this evening moved the XI from its temporary residence at Mooch's place, and, after a jump start, a slightly nevewracking and chilly drive to my new place. The garage is clear, the car fits, and all is good for the time being.

Seems my No 2 rings have not bedded in properly. I also realise I need to fit a high torque starter. Plus brake fettling and trailing arm bush replacement... There's a bit to do for the Spring. But the most pressing is the No2 compression. I was advised to have the head vac checked. Need to see what this entails or if there is any benefit, as the wet comp test bought the readings right up to spec.

Hope you're well!

Cheers

Jon