Westfield XI no 1 for sale

Everything else Eleven related
alleggerita

Westfield XI no 1 for sale

Post by alleggerita »

Who wants to buy this interesting piece of history: http://paulmattysportscars.co.uk/vehicl ... d-11-no-1/

The engine bay looks very clean and well put together. The clutch and brake masters look unfamiliar to me. What brand are these?

DVLA does not seem to recognise the registration, at least not for keywords Westfield, MG, Austin, Austin Healey and Lotus
beng4

Re: Westfield XI no 1 for sale

Post by beng4 »

Check the auto trader number plate check. It comes back as a 1963 Westfield eleven, so nothing wrong with registration then. B.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

VTL 715 ( In the words of the Bentley Brigade " Old Number One " )
There has been a previous thread on this car when it was on ebay for £49995.00 . I also have a
photograph of it taken in the yard at the back of the Westfield factory circa 1986 .
Cheers, Bob Whittaker .
StephenH

Post by StephenH »

How can it be first registered in 1963, surely it was a good many years after that, that the first Westfield was built?
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

REGISTERED 1963
This would be the registration date of the donor vehicle . When that car was built there was no SVA / IVA or Q plates .All that was needed
was an MOT and then a cursory examination by the local equivalent of the DVLA / Police , more to ensure there were no stolen parts . Then
if it was considered sufficient parts had been used and this was left very much up to the man on site , the donor registration would be used .

Those were the days ! !

Cheers, Bob Whittaker
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

bobwhittaker schreef:
> There has been a previous thread on this car when it was on ebay for £49995.00

Bob, I can't find any threads relating. Was it on here?
Splat

Post by Splat »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=526 (about four threads down from this one at present).

As I said then, as the owner of a (now heavily restored) car originally built by the restorer of this one, I'd take his "restoration" with a large pinch of salt. Expect surface prettiness with worn mechanicals within and you probably wouldn't be disappointed...l.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

JACK
Previous thread under Induction Noise and shows as XI on Ebay and was posted by Daggers on Monday April 25 .

Cheers, BOB .