Le Mans Classic

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

Re: Le Mans Classic

Post by jonclancy »

Nice snaps, Splat! :?

My potted side of the story....

0200: Finally finish packing and take a couple of pics with the car pretty much ready to go for the 0515 meet.

0210: Remember Ken's email about sucking eggs... What docs to take for the Gendarmes. Like reg and insurance docs etc.

0215: Locate XI file and dig out docs.

0215:07: Note with horror that MOT has, literally, just expired. Not next week. Not after the weekend, but just now!

0215:09 - 0215:45: F**********************************###%*%#%*}*%@@@@@@****%%#%###%#%#%

0220: Email Ken. Go to sleep. Nothing can be done right now.

0500: Catch up with boys. Insults well deserved.

0900: Rebook ferry for that evening. Designed to arrive in France at first light. Not the CLM campsite at midnight!

0945: New MOT issued. XI was flawless, as usual!

1000: Boys send pics of car deck, empty chair in bar etc etc. Feeling very sheepish, but things are looking up.

1400: "You might get here before us!" Ken has had a fuel pump failure just outside St Mere Eglise!

1410: I'm just leaving to see my girlie in Salisbury. Only another 49 mins of driving to Portsmouth. Offer to pick up a pump. Boys remind me that Burlen are in Sarum. One call later, and a pump is put to one side. Fast drive down to make Sarum before they close.

1630: New pump safely stowed. Lovely place they have there, and met a very nice chap who had just purchased Nick Swift's XI. Bet that goes like stink!! Pointed him in the direction of this place.

1645: Dinner, chill etc etc.

1930: Blast off for Portsmouth. Massive misfire on M27. Oh no!

2030: Nurse SKK into queue. Some amazing hardware is being assembled!! :D Check under the bonnet and find a split vacuume hose end, and pipe dangling. Taped up with help from other gentleman drivers. Memo: order new part.

2230: gingerly take the lowest XI in history onto the ramp up into the ferry. Many many eyes watching for grounding. I am confident, because the Nissan GTR is saw in the queue was only a Rizla thickness on the ground and he got on!!

2300: Underway!! Settle into my recliner for the night, with my ham wraps and a coup,e of apples.

0600: wake and notice we are approaching Caen port. Time travel!! Ace!

0610: Start up and edge the XI into the sunshine on a gorgeous French morning.... :D

To be continued....