XIs at Mallory Park

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Re: XIs at Mallory Park

Post by techbod »

Nice to see everyone. Well done Charles? 4th in class was it? :-D

I always take too many pictures. I'll get round to looking through the rest later.
I've put some up here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/30324212@N ... 185347836/
Took may to many of the XI, not surprising really, I've tried to add some other content.

(found the posh slideshow version here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30324212@N ... 7836/show/)
erictharg

Re: XIs at Mallory Park

Post by erictharg »

Bloody good photo's Marcus. Best yet of the car - thanks. Some nice other's too. You've either read the instruction book for that camera or it's a very clever piece of kit!
For those not able to make it we had a good day. Car ran fine and once again had two behind me on the grid - one of the Ginetta's and the old Cougar. However, I also once again messed up the start. As soon as the lights were on they seemed to be off again. No dramatic F1 type delay. So everyone goes past me again. As at Silverstone, I'd caught and taken the Ginetta by the Esses on the first lap and tried to pull back the Cougar. Bit by bit I was getting there and nearly close enough to pass into the Esses (maybe) when the leaders pack come past for the first time causing me to take an avoiding line and loose time. Eventually caught him again and tried diving up the inside at the hairpin several times but as we'd exit neck and neck he had the acceleration and left me only for me to catch him again next time around. Happened like that for 4 or 5 laps and then before you know it we were done. It figures when you realise we were only a few hundredth's apart in practice. Car was as fast as most in the corners (apart from the Crossle's) but just doesn't have the straight line speed. Lots of ideas for the winter re-fresh though...