MKB 752 E Update

All things oily!
bobwhittaker

Re: MKB 752 E Update

Post by bobwhittaker »

Fitted Peter May roller clutch release bearing some six or so weeks ago in place of the standard carbon face item . So far a much improved and smoother action from both the clutch and gearbox , time will tell . I do wonder now about whether to go to a Ford Type 9 gearbox .
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

I have installed an additional fuel tank on the left hand side under the rear clamshell . This is approx 20 litres
capacity and will be used as the main tank with 3 or 4 litres left in the forward tank as reserve . The prime reason
was not for additional capacity but to run with more mass to the left and rear to balance the excess on the right
hand side . The tank is fully polished aluminium / has a motorcycle type flush filler / two 10AN male fittings on
the top / a suction well with two 10AN male fittings / a GM float level / partialy foam filled , £99.95 including
VAT and delivery , all the way from China .( Match that Westfield ) I have a dedicated fuel pump , £9.95 inc VAT and
delivery , with a simple On / Off / On switch that selects the front or rear pump . The fuel line runs from rear to
front via the lefthand side sponson with a simple " T " fitted with two 1/4 turn ball valves to isolate the tanks and
the other leg upto the carburettor .

Have also installed a spare wheel carrier with the wheel vertical inside the " Hoop Loop " under the head rest of the
rear clam . This was done without welding to the chassis and the wheel is securely strapped in place using a redundant
seat belt . All materials were to available and I am well pleased with the job .

The head gasket failed between 2 and 3 ten days ago , fortunately with no cross contamination Oil / Water . The head
was skimmed and the valves only needed a light twirl to reseat them . The engine was rebuilt using a Metro Turbo head
gasket and on completion cylinder pressures were 168 - 165 - 161 - 160 . Finished on Saturday 4th Feb and Sunday 5th
was dry and bright with an ambient of 6C so off on a test run . Put about 150 miles in around the Yorkshire Dales with
the car going as well as ever and pulling like a train . The interest the car generates from all ages and both sexes is
phenominal and people who don't know the background ( The Lotus Eleven ) are astounded to learn the original lines
of the car were penned some 67 years ago . In all it was an excellent day , the car going well , the weather dry and
crisp and plenty of interest .
Splat

Re: MKB 752 E Up

Post by Splat »

Wonderful! Now post some photos!!!!!!

150 miles in Yorkshire in February!! Brave chap (have you considered moving to California and driving the canyons instead?). I've reason to post some photos of mine when I get it home (!) and can take the snaps! Roll on spring......
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Well, get on with it then!

Gallivanting around Europe isn't going to get us our pics, is it?! :D
Splat

Post by Splat »

No, but it'll help pay the rather large paintshop bill. The rear clip wasn't too bad as collected from Kingswinford, but there was a notable seam running vertically down each flank and when they came to flat before painting they found that in a couple of places the total thickness was just gel coat without mat beneath!

Anyway; enough hijacking of Bob's thread........