Early dashboard

Everything else Eleven related
Chris59

Re: Early dashboard

Post by Chris59 »

I've found a nice (and original) Lucas fuse box + flashers switch (original too) at a reasonnable price at the Stoneleigh Triumph & MG show.

Jan, your Grandfather seems to have bring some mods to his TR2 (a different steering wheel ?) : flashers and horns are, normally, in the steering wheel boss ;)

About Vintage Spares, am I wrong in telling that they are present at the Beaulieu Autojumble ? If yes, I've already bought some parts from these guys.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Grandfather had an A40.

The turn signal switch with horn button came from some Standard motor or other British marque. I acquireed the switch with a bunch of old switches and pieces from various TRs and MG T series cars when I was maybe 16 from a friend with a restored TC and an Elite.

As far as any autojumble, we don't have those here in Thousand Oaks (just 40 kms over the canyons from the beaches of Malibu). We have "swap meets", which don't have the romance of an autojumble. I have not been to one in years. Too easy to get on the interwebs, find a supplier and order. I maybe missing out on the wonderful feelig of satisfaction in finding some rare part in a greasy pile that I had been looking years for.

I buy from Vintage Spares when I need switches, fuse boxes, lighting and other small bits. Very nice and reliable supplier of those specific vintage bits that we need. I used them to get all the flat lens rear lights for the last RHD 11 I built, as well as the side lights, switches and convex Radot race mirrors.
Chris59

Post by Chris59 »

You're right, searching on the Web is so easy, but nothing like sharing some time (and beer !) with friends ;)

I'll have a look on Vintage Spares website.

About TR2 switches, they are not all originals on mine neither.....