Post by jonclancy »

Bah!

Tim, can you drop me an email pse?

Cheers

Jon
biggles

Re: HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

Post by biggles »

Don't seem to have your personal email Jon, start off by pm on here?
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

Hi, All,

I have just spotted a sold price of £8,500 on the Auctioneer's description of the lot. With a new kit now costing £11,000 and with many (if not all) of the donor car parts being present, I think that was reasonable despite an engine rebuild being obviously required as well as some body plus other issues no doubt.

I hope we "get to meet" the buyer in here soon.

Simon
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

I presume the £8500.00 was the hammer price and the T+Cs give buyers premium of 12%
including VAT so a final price of £9520.00 . Considering the donor parts etc. ( What look
like new wire wheels ) and the £11k current price for a kit it still looks a good purchase .

Bob Whittaker
biggles

Post by biggles »

I didn't value it quite as high as that so got outbid. The chassis had a bit of surface rust in places, the rear clam had minor damage, I couldn't see any headlight covers with it, the engine looked rusty internally due to poor storage, the wheels needed blasting and reprinting although all four tyres were unused albeit nearly flat. I also thought the wind deflector was scratched

The selection of parts with it were mainly random, not midget, including an Lt77 gearbox. There was a Weber in there that had seen some damp too.

I'm not sure it was a great buy, but that's just my opinion. If it came with a V5 for a pre '73 donor, then it may be worth it. If a donor still needs to be bought to avoid a Q plate, then not so much.

Anyway, good luck to the new owner, hope we see him or her on here!

Yours, still looking for the rest of my eleven(!), Tim

PS new owner, if you are here, can we borrow the Perspex single config windshield please :D