Autosport 2011

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Autosport 2011

Post by techbod »

I'll be there Saturday if anyone else going and wants to say hello?
Mknight702

Re: Autosport 2011

Post by Mknight702 »

One year I will have to go, just not this one unfortunately.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Looks as if Austen and myself will go Sat. What time are you around?
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Charles - Marcus & I will be there from 9am I think, till whenever....Do you have one of our mobile numbers? I think I still have yours....

stephen
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Well Stephen gave it a 7/10 and that feels about right.

It lacked something this year though. The big boys put on a good show but I think some of the smaller bits stands etc seemed to be missing. I came home with only two bought things - and they were pictures. How can I come home from Autosport not clutching bags full of metal?

I guess I might have missed a hall somewhere but I don't think so...
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Agreed. £30 plus parking plus fuel didn't feel like value. Not enough places to get those bits you wanted to save postage on. Unless you were into oval racing...
Don't think I'll be going again.
In fact the most interesting bits were attached to the various dolly birds scattered around the place. And if that's what I wanted a lap dancing joint would have been better value.
Good to catch up though.
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Agreed on all counts. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought Autosport was a really good show, but even the auction seemed a bit...tatty, and I'm not really into hillbilly racing, which most of the show seemed to be about. Nice though it is to see young pretty ladieeees, I still find the whole "totty holding a bit of the inside of an engine" scene slightly strange.

Loved the McLaren stand though and I have to say, I'd still take an F1 over that new MP12-4C thingy any day. It really is timeless that car (except the front indicator lenses - what were you thinking of Charles???)

stephen
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Hey - we had a budget (sort of). And lights really are a bitch to source. Costs a small fortune to tool something new...can't even remember what the indicators were from now. Brought back some memories looking at the Le Mans car though.
Like the "hillbilly racing" moniker. Wouldn't say it to their faces though, at least not without lots of beer courage...
I seem to remember lots of very nice ladies at Le Mans (photos to prove), so who needs Autosport.
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

You sure they weren't sourced from an old London Taxi? :o

see here -> http://bit.ly/hAFxLM
-> http://bit.ly/gAJAt2

s
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Lotus Elan rings a bell. The Isuzu FWD one. Quite a few of the engineering team were ex-Lotus, so I think that's how we came across those lights.