Passing on this forum - please read.

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

Re: Passing on this forum - please read.

Post by jonclancy »

Not to worry. The forum, and the reference material here, will not disappear. We are working on a plan in the background to ensure it remain online, and continues to be the valuable resource it has become.

Unsurprisingly, traffic has slowed during the pandemic. Now’s the time to add some more content. Splat, how about a thread detailing your boot box? There was a similar request on the WSCC forum, and I don’t think the posters realised that there is alread a proven solution out there… 8-)
Morris

Post by Morris »

Yes, that would be a useful post.

My unhelpful assistance on the WSSC forum was to post a photo of the rear end of a Ronart!
Splat

Post by Splat »

I can do that. I’ve offered it up before, but nobody bit. It’s a dead-simple, aluminium, folded and riveted bin. But it allows full articulation of the axle and panhard rod, whilst allowing almost the entire volume under the rear clip to be used for storage. My uncle (71) and I went down to the Le Mans Classic in ‘18 with two tents, two sleeping bags, one blow-up mattress (him), one ground mat (me) and some (but not many :lol: ) clothes, a comprehensive selection of spares and a basic toolkit, all stored either in the luggage bin or the offside front transom.

B46EEFFB-E5D9-40F3-B92D-C6A6007F7BBF.jpeg
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Thanks Si.

I’ll be having one of those for my car. I can’t see me fitting the Vango Arlay in there for CLM, though!! It might have to go in the passenger seat. Then I can park my car in it when we get there! :D
Splat

Post by Splat »

We can get BOTH of them in that thing. And still have room to sleep 4!
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

I might be interested, if you don't mind me being on the other side of the Atlantic, with a disreputable but mechanically superb W11.
I would love to see more pictures, and more hands on experience information. I still have a complete build history on the RHD car I built a few years ago (or was it a decade ago... Time flies when you are having fun!). This is useful for anyone just acquiring an 11, or attempting to tackle its maintenance and setup. Being RHD, it had twin master cylinder brakes, along with performance options including dual bearing hubs, LSD with Peter May axles, SP Components "Long 1st" gearbox and wire wheels. The engine had a Longman head, and everything out of Vizard's book, putting out about 125 real HP. It was a wish list car, and all the wishes came true. If it can be done to an A powered 11, it was done to that car.
I ran another W11 forum on Yahoo, along with the R5Turbo forum, but both were lost when Yahoo killed the format. Anyway, I am here and interested.