40 DCOE + Manifold

All things oily!
bobwhittaker

40 DCOE + Manifold

Post by bobwhittaker »

I have the following to dispose of :-
40 DCOE + Manifold ex 1275 A series in an Eleven
Midget handbrake lever and mounting bracket
Midget pedal box , pedals but no links or cylinders .
Propshaft ex Eleven with Midget gearbox ( Now Type 9)
Two period " Alexander " wing mirrors , unused but one has 3 marks that should polish out
If interested PM me .
Cheers, Bob Whittaker
jonclancy

Re: 40 DCOE + Manifold

Post by jonclancy »

PM sent.

What did you replace the DCOE with, Bob?
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

I acquired a 45DCOE with up tilted inlet stacks and slightly longer inlet tracts on the manifold .
I'm not sure if it performs any better but it looks the business and sounds well , it has been in
place 7 or 8 years . I'm not claiming big power , a rolling road at Minisport which is about 10
miles from me showed some 78 bhp .
For your interest my car is chassis 123 of the original 138 and was probably manufactured as
a kit about 1985 with the basic one piece seat back and simple squab cushion seat bases . I had
the back and cushions reupholstered some six weeks ago and have kept it simple with no carpet
just the aluminium side / tunnel / floor panels . I am well suited as it looks period and purposeful ,
with minimum maintenance and all I need to do if rain looks imminent when I park up is put the
loose seat bases upside down in the footwells .
Another little tale , I don't know if he remembers , but Jack AKA Allegerita had a run with me
in the car some 11 years ago , it is going as well as ever !
Cheers , BOB .
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

hi Bob!

Yes, I do remember very well. That was a magnificant drive and I enjoyed every second of it. Unfortunately I got distracted from my plans to acquire one myself, preferably a Series 1 as you have. I restored a sidevalve Anglia 100E that we took to Le Mans Classic 2 years ago. It is sitting in the garage but once that is gone there will be space for an Eleven again.

The steering wheel is still on the book shelf, all polished and shiny, waiting to be installed. Next to the bucket seats I got from Charles.