Shorrock in an Eleven?

All things oily!
alleggerita

Shorrock in an Eleven?

Post by alleggerita »

A Shorrock compressor in an Eleven, that would be fun!

I know the photo is from a 7, but then it should fit in an Eleven chassis as well I suppose (I know, I have a very optimistic view on all things engineering)

The car is for sale at M&M Automotive. Their site have more photos, which are too big to upload here. Link: https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/used- ... v20306511/
Attachments
shorrock in 7.2.jpg
shorrock in 7.2.jpg (240.03 KiB) Viewed 340 times
jonclancy

Re: Shorrock in an Eleven?

Post by jonclancy »

Good find! That’s a lovely looking car. I think it is reasonable value at the price, too.

There was a Seven with a super-charged Climax in it that I have seen pics of. Can’t find it at the mo - but did come across an Arnott Le Mans car that was supposedly built with similar.

To answer the question: Yes, I would think it is perfectly possible to build and fit such a set up. It’s a shame the TurboMinis forum is quieter nowadays, as there is tons of info there, and I’m sure the resident experts would be able to guide anyone wishing to fit a forced-induction A Series to their Westfield.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Looks a little crowded in there, and then there is the extra weigh to go along with the extra complication. But, I can see the appeal. I was looking at using a supercharger early on, but decided on something that would be more reliable (less parts and head gasket maintenance). That was 15K miles ago, and I have never looked back.

Of course, you can install the available big port alloy cylinder head, bump the compression to 10.5:1, and slide an SPVP3 scatter pattern cam and have just as much HP, and perhaps loose 15 lbs of cylinder head weight. I wonder which approach would be less expensive.
Morris

Post by Morris »

I'm sure someone on the other forum fitted a supercharger, but the power increase was too painful for the clutch and for the skinny rear tyres!
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

while going through my files I found this photo of an Eleven with a mini supercharger. I have more photos but uploading bigger size photos is a bit of a hassle. It went on the 2009 Le Mans tour. Someone from the first hour of this register maybe?
Attachments
P1020824 klein.jpg
P1020824 klein.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 307 times