Hi All,
Manily for Jan:
The Motive Power pressure bleeder has been mentioned here a few times over the years.
Any idea what the correct cap for the WSC-supplied reservoir is, please? Or, indeed the thread (which I assume is metric given the modern, plastic, reservoir). I can email Motive Power to confirm before pricing up a unit.
Away from the car at the moment..
Cheers
Jon
Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
-
biggles
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:10 am
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
Gunson ezibleed works well at half the price? Comes with a few caps IIRC....
End of completely unhelpful post!
End of completely unhelpful post!
-
Westfield 129
- Posts: 882
- Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:20 am
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
The standard European cap fits the reservoirs that are commonly found on the 11.
I have been using the Motive Power bleeder for years. It is Excellent!
The pressure bleeder allows one person bleeding and flushing. Very easy.
Better than my Vacula vacuum bleeder, but I still use the vacuum unit for some applications.
I have been using the Motive Power bleeder for years. It is Excellent!
The pressure bleeder allows one person bleeding and flushing. Very easy.
Better than my Vacula vacuum bleeder, but I still use the vacuum unit for some applications.
-
jonclancy
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
I ended up buying a similar Sealey model - VS820 for under £60 on Amazon
https://www.sealey.co.uk/brake-clutch-b ... -5l-vs820/
Works well and the supplied cap fits perfectly.
https://www.sealey.co.uk/brake-clutch-b ... -5l-vs820/
Works well and the supplied cap fits perfectly.
-
Euan Hoosearmy
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2025 1:40 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
Another vote for the Sealey - if your M/C reservoir is old or no longer available, don't pump it up above 10PSI - slows the bleeding process down a bit but saves a poential expensive and messy incident....
-
jonclancy
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
Excellent advice!
-
Morris
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:05 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
I suffered a few very messy incidences when I used an easy bleed kit that ran off 20 psi tyre pressure and blew off the reservoir cap!
In the end I swapped over all the bleed nipples to Goodridge Speed Bleed nipples (even on the clutch slave cylinder) that work a treat. I can even monitor the reservoir fluid level by removing the pedal box cover and pumping the brake pedal by hand.
Buy Goodridge Speed Bleeder | Demon Tweeks https://share.google/j8GDDe1OlQGtRJRyN
In the end I swapped over all the bleed nipples to Goodridge Speed Bleed nipples (even on the clutch slave cylinder) that work a treat. I can even monitor the reservoir fluid level by removing the pedal box cover and pumping the brake pedal by hand.
Buy Goodridge Speed Bleeder | Demon Tweeks https://share.google/j8GDDe1OlQGtRJRyN
-
jonclancy
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
I remember looking at the Speed Bleeders. Great idea, if a little pricey. Wish they were in stainless!
I saw a link on the MIG Welding forum for a pressure bleeder very much like the Sealey. £18.13 delivered. I've ordered one out of interest, to see if the quality is similar. It comes with a few caps etc. The guy on the forum who ordered it was quite impressed with the plastic thickness etc.
https://share.temu.com/Vomipi37WsB
I saw a link on the MIG Welding forum for a pressure bleeder very much like the Sealey. £18.13 delivered. I've ordered one out of interest, to see if the quality is similar. It comes with a few caps etc. The guy on the forum who ordered it was quite impressed with the plastic thickness etc.
https://share.temu.com/Vomipi37WsB
-
jonclancy
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
Here’s the original MIG Welding forum post.
https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/thr ... st-2689181
Mine arrived today. I can confirm it’s a bargain. More accessories than my Sealey, robust construction, and will be getting used for a brake fluid change very soon. I like that it included a collection tube and bottle. Better than gash hose and a Branston jar! The linked offering has risen to £33, but just search brake fluid bleeder in Temu for a selection of the same under £20 delivered.
https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/thr ... st-2689181
Mine arrived today. I can confirm it’s a bargain. More accessories than my Sealey, robust construction, and will be getting used for a brake fluid change very soon. I like that it included a collection tube and bottle. Better than gash hose and a Branston jar! The linked offering has risen to £33, but just search brake fluid bleeder in Temu for a selection of the same under £20 delivered.
-
jonclancy
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm
Re: Motive Power Pressure Bleeder
Well, we tried this bleeding bleeder. Unfortunately we could not get it to pressurise. Out with the Sealey, and the job was completed in about 10 mins flat!
The problem appears to be the rough surface of the main vessel where is is supposed to seal with the pump. It may just need lapping. I did use the handy collection hose (and a Branston jar for old time’s sake). I like to see the state of the fluid, but I suppose watching it change from filthy to clear in the tube should be fine.
The problem appears to be the rough surface of the main vessel where is is supposed to seal with the pump. It may just need lapping. I did use the handy collection hose (and a Branston jar for old time’s sake). I like to see the state of the fluid, but I suppose watching it change from filthy to clear in the tube should be fine.