Spa

Racing and trackday chat
erictharg

Re: Spa

Post by erictharg »

Fame at last....

Well, infamy anyway. This guy was kind enough to interview me and feature the car on his web magazine.

http://www.automag.be/spip/Spa-Summer-Classic-2011
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Didn't understand a word of it. Don't these people speak English :P

You don't look a day over 30 Charles.......

Car looks fantastic, it really does......
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

For those who can't remeber their school french, this is the Babel Fish translation:

Charles Best, 51 years, owner of Westfield 11. This car is a counterpart of Lotus 11. Charles bought Westfield in 2007, complete kit and assembled it entirely to the hand with an engine BMC Midget 1300 DC, 110 CV. It takes part in ten races per annum and comes for the first time in Francorchamps. Charles is present there with a friend in the station-wagon Volvo, his `camion' of assistance. They left their English residence Wednesday for a voyage 550 km. The currency of Charles is `to take good temps' and it has two objectives for this Belgian race: not to finish last and especially, to finish without breakage because Charles came and returns by the road at the wheel of his car!!! The Westfield site, in English. Lotus 11. Lotus and Westfield. From where what do they come, Belgium, France, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, England, or elsewhere, with large trucks and motorhomes, a simple tent and a bed folding, with an exceptional car and or that which they can allow, to undergo the rain and the risks of the race, how to call what motivate all these pilots present? P WITH S S I O NR. The bond towards all the photographs.
11admire

Post by 11admire »

Thumbs up ;)
That's the way to do some racing in that kind of car. Drive to and from the track typically oldschool. JUST LOVE IT and would like to try it some day.
Like a lot :D
Pluscat

Post by Pluscat »

Hello Charles,

It was a joy reading your race report. I'm trying to work out how I can send you a private messege, but without succes. Could please you send me a p.m. with your adress so I can send you the CD?
In a few days i'll be leaving for a trip to the U.K. to visit the event at Goodwood, sadly not in my XI, but a Jag.(sometimes life can be cruel ;) )

René
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Good to hear from you. Now that you mention it I don't know how to PM on this forum either! Can you send me an email to my work address?

And I'll get back to you with details.

Regards.