Snetterton 21 & 22 May

Racing and trackday chat
erictharg

Snetterton 21 & 22 May

Post by erictharg »

Racing at Snetterton this weekend. Race on both Sat and Sunday, so overnighting. Not the whole new 300 circuit, but the slightly revised old circuit (the 200). Plan to take it easy and preserve us both for Spa.
erictharg

Re: Snetterton 21 & 22 May

Post by erictharg »

Weekend went well. Glorious weather Sat; very windy with some showers Sunday. Both my races dry though! Pretty good turn out for SR&GT. About 9 of us total. Two D Types, two Cobras, myself and Ken's 23 replica, then a handful of Ginetta G20's.
Took it pretty steady and the car ran faultlessly. Did find in the first race that if I drove 10/10 th's I could just about stay with the slower Ginetta, but really hard to maintain. Some hope though! Mainly worried about not doing anything stupid for Spa. Switched to synthetic Total Quartz 10-50 (as it was only £25 for 5 lt) and marginal improvement in hot pressure. Worth it for the extended change intervals if nothing else. Getting too much travel on the brake pedal through a race so really need those uprated shoes for the rear before Spa. Will try to work out a good way of fitting the Caterham seat in the next week or so. ALso getting vibration at 6000+ in top (>100mph) so will re-balance the wheels as I'll be spending a lot of time at that speed at Spa.
Got to buy proper FIA shoes and underwear at the weekend - another £200. Past caring. CAT stock doing well, and what is it for if not funding an absurd dream like this? Certainly better than giving it to your kids, who would only waste it anyway on something I didn't appreciate.
Good BBQ Sat night with the rest of the SR&GT crowd. Think I may have persuaded Austen to prepare his 911 for racing in the series if he makes it look like a 70's RSR...just a GRP bumper / spoiler and duck tail on the engine cover.
Mknight702

Re: Snetterton 21 & 22 May

Post by Mknight702 »

Really sorry to have missed you yet again. Unfortunately this weekend was prebooked on Saturday and the kids birthday party on Sunday. I will make it to a race this year, I promise.