New business opportunity!

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

New business opportunity!

Post by biggles »

Got to be a market for closed car transporters taking enthusiasts' sportscars south to some nicer weather (I mean Bordeaux or similar latitude!) so we can go for a drive! My current toy (TVR) hasn't left the garage in what feels like weeks and weeks :(

Still, as I'm in the people moving business, the crap weather is good news I suppose.....

Anyone thinking of a hardtop with gullwings a la original eleven options list?
Splat

Re: New business opportunity!

Post by Splat »

Ok, I'll bite....

Both myself and jonclancy move people for rival organisations based at Harmondsworth Aerodrome. Who you?
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Speaking of Biggles, I am about to venture forth for a blat with a first-time outing of my Revival eyewear.

I like the idea od a hard-top. Would have to be in Carbon, though. And paint.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Aha, two fellows from the golden runways, no doubt one with a beardy boss with an eye for the publicity stunt and one whose Irish boss moved in with the not so near neighbours. I used to have an Irish boss (the foul mouthed pikey type) when I was in essex, but now I have the first Irish boss (I like him more) and have moved south south west to the golden runways' little brother....

That do you? ;) :D
Splat

Post by Splat »

Used to have a bent boss. Then several bosses with extroverted "Oompah" moustaches. Now work for the Irishman as the captain of a 'bus. But only in the last month, so I'm having to rely on the drivers mates quite heavily at the moment!
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Is this conversation in code?
Splat

Post by Splat »

Yes, but only very, very loosely.

Two (very old) pilot jokes;

Q At a party for 200, how do you know which one's the pilot.
A Don't worry. He'll tell you.

Q After two hours of chat-up, what will a pilot say to you next.
A "That's enough about flying, let's talk about me."

ps: Harmondsworth Aerodrome; Google it.
Bearded boss; Oh come on! OK, another clue: Chunky-knit jumpers.
Irish boss; Willie Walsh.
Pikey boss; Would like you to pay to use the on-board bogs.
Bent boss; Lord Glendonbrook. Not libellous......
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Ahhhhhh! :? :?:

Virgin, BA, RyanAir, BMI?

perhaps.

s
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hey Steven, don't spoil a polite conversation by using a swear word (R*****r)!! :D :D :D :D

Splat, welcome to the fold then, I think you will like it. I'm a driver's mate on the queen of the skies (73) but expecting to be forced kicking and screaming on to the electric death jet sooner or later!!

BTW did you know there is a BA classic car meet once a year near the golden runways? It was on the 1st July this year but maybe next year...? Two other fairly local ones worth going to are Classics on the Common, Harpenden on the 25th and Classics on the Green, Croxley on the 1st Aug, but I'm sure you know already.

Cheers
biggles
Splat

Post by Splat »

Thank you!

Started my commercial career on the Boeing. Four years and loved it. Ten years now on the Electric-death-jet and can honestly say you'd have to drag me back to the Boeing, kicking and screaming. Just a much more relaxing way to go about work.