Iva/sva

All things oily!
beng4

Iva/sva

Post by beng4 »

Im getting round to filling out my iva forms as car nearly ready. Which test station to put down as preference though? Both nottingham and derby are probably about the same distance, have any of the owners who put xis through SVA put them through either of these stations, and would could advise on which station? I appreciate that this might have been some time ago....

Thanks

Ben
erictharg

Re: Iva/sva

Post by erictharg »

I did Derby back in 2007 because it was where Westfield took their factory & customer cars for test so they know the vehicle. Saved on some of the measurements they would otherwise have had to do. I'd ask the factory if that is still the case, and if so go there.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Two years ago I bought an unbuilt westfield eleven kit, it is identified by a plate on the tube that spans the the rear mounts for the top wishbones , this shows " J.B. W:11. 123. ". There is also a stamping on the aluminium panel above the footwell below the scuttle that shows " JBF " . I understand from this that it will be number 123 of the 138 made around 1983-1986.I obviously have a receipt off the person I bought from but nothing from Westfield showing date or chassis number.
The kit was loosely assembled as a rolling chassis,icluded all panels and was stood on 13 inch Midget wire wheels.Also included was a 1275 engine/gearbox with V5 and VIN plate from a 1966 Midget . There were as well three more engines/one more gearbox/one more axle (Have a 4.22 and a 3.99) / five unused 14 inch wires/ six unused 14 inch tyres(five fitted)/mild steel westfield exhaust(since bought current stainless system) . Plus there was a very secondhand selection of dynamos/starters/cast manifolds /front uprights with splined hubs etc etc .

Have rebuilt egine/gearbox with bearings/seals/clutch as required,cylinder head skimmed minus 0.0625,chambered at 18.5 cc,ported at about stage II,high ratio forged rockers (1.5)and a 40 DCOE,I am hoping for 75-80 BHP.

For various reasons the build has been delayed but I dove it for the first time on 6th Sept., albeit with no body panels and on a closed road .It now needs painting but before that I want to ensure it will clear SVA/IVA , with the final job being the paint.I have done an SVA in 2008 on a "Robin Hood Super Spec" but I see this being more frustrating than that was.I purchased the independent build guide from Westfield but there is no mention of any SVA/IVA requirements (Or any "Dodges" around them) in it. I would be very grateful for any comments and information as to how to set the car up

Please PM me if you can assist. Cheers Bob Whittaker
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Hi Bob,

Just out of interest, was it this one here -> http://blatchat.com/t.asp?id=187160

Regards,

stephen
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Stephen, the car is definitely the one on the link you put in the message . Even down to the description of the vendor given on one of the messages " slightly n--ty ". Regards the 76-77 issue,the V5 and VIN plate with the kit are for a 1966 midget,there wasn't a response from Westfield about production date, see Chris Smith's comments about what happened to the records,so I have had to "bite the bullet" on that.Perhaps someone off the register could view it and give an opinion,I am in Lancashire near Clitheroe. Best regards Bob Whittaker