Single Cockpit Body Work

All things oily!
gbilawsky

Single Cockpit Body Work

Post by gbilawsky »

Before we begin the repair, faring and repaint of my newly acquired car, I would like to source the single cockpit bodywork to have it all completed at the same time. Can any of you folks provide a contact for a source of the body panels and windscreen?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Glenn
Westfield 129

Re: Single Cockpit Body Work

Post by Westfield 129 »

Westfield would have it.

Tom at Manik might also have the parts as well.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Not much help but I contacted Westfield direct some three years ago enquiring about single seat panels and screen only to be told by Simon Westwood the moulds were no longer available . I have kept the email reply on record . If you do find a source I would be very interested for my own car . Cheers Bob Whittaker
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

There have been several single seat cars built since then.
Try Gavin at Westfield. He may be able to help.

Remember, 3 years ago, the W11 was discontinued. Things have changed.
gbilawsky

Post by gbilawsky »

I spoke with Westfield in the UK this morning. It seems that the single cockpit conversion parts were sourced by Westfield from an outside vendor. They do not have possession of the single cockpit body molds and have no completed conversion kits left in inventory. They were uncertain if they can still be sourced, but were going to check with the vendor to see if they have any "left on the shelf" there, or if a new kit can be made up for me, and report back. I'll keep the forum posted on progress.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Please do.

The other option is commissioning a bespoke set of panels. There are a few talented craftsmen out there who could sort you out, in alloy, but I suspect you'll need to dig deep for the privilege.
stricor

Post by stricor »

would be very interested for the grp parts an screen.
If you need more volume to get parts produced count me in!

Thanks Cor
Splat

Post by Splat »

Me too. Inquired with Westfield about a year ago and drew a blank.
beng4

Post by beng4 »

When i was building my car, i got screen quotes from all the usual suspects. I think they were all supplied by white ellerton:
http://www.whiteellerton.co.uk

And the single seater screen (3 parts) was coming in at about 250£, ive just been through my email correspondence and that was over 4 years ago..... For a small bit of bent acrylic, not cheap.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

If anyone gets a supplier lined up for single seat screens and panels and needs to make the numbers up count me in . I'm surprised Westfield haven't pursued this with the obvious interest there is . Bob Whittaker