Westfield XI series 1 at 17.500£ SOLD

Everything else Eleven related
Westfield 129

Re: Westfield XI series 1 at 17.500£ SOLD

Post by Westfield 129 »

Have the owner contact me through my westyxiownersbuildersdrivers site if they are in So. California. I can do an inspection if they need it, chassis setup, tune up specs or help with California Special Construction Vehicle registration.

Great to have the car here in CA.
Chris59

Post by Chris59 »

Why didn't I saw this advert earlier :roll: ?

I really want to buy a Westfield Eleven !
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

You can buy a new one. Kits are available and assembly is not difficult. All you need to do is find a good donor car, or a rear axle, engine, transmission front spindles and steering rack with brackets. Everything else, you can find new without problem.

We have an excellent US distributor if you are on the left side of the pond.

Let the guys at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Wes ... ivers/info know that you want to buy a Westfield 11. Just about all the members of that forum are owners or builders. You will have to join the forum, but that should not be a problem. There is at least one unfinished kit floating around that might be for sale.

If you are in the US, you might want to contact Manik Technologies, the US distributor for Westfield.

The car listed in the ad was sold for a very good price, especially considering the wire wheels, CR gearbox and LSD.
Chris59

Post by Chris59 »

Hello,

Many thanks for your message.

Unfortunatly, a new Westfield Eleven can't -theorically- be registered in France (yes, I'm on this side of the Pond ;) ) : it need to be 30 years old or more.

There are some "lateral" ways to register a more modern Westfield, but none is really legal....

Can you please tell me more about the unfinished kit who might be for sale, thanks ?

Whatever, I'll follow your link, hopefully it will bring me to the pleasure of being an Eleven owner !
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

The only kit that I know of here in the US is a late chassis, production around 2010. Not quite old enough.

You need an early chassis car. Best to check in the UK, or put up a post on https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Wes ... ivers/info This is a US site.

Join the forum, and don't forget to state that you are looking for a Westfield 11 when you apply (This is a restricted group to Westfield 11 owners, builders and drivers).

There are a few of the early chassis cars in the US (The W11 that you were interested in came from the US), and someone might be interested in selling, or knows someone who does.