Nice to see you Simon!

Everything else Eleven related
Simon Marks

Re: Nice to see you Simon!

Post by Simon Marks »

Hi, Stephen,

I believe that the plate came with the brake kit - but I can't find the picking list to see what it is called / numbered. Yes, it does work as a hinge and compensates in that way.

The black bolts were the extended ones for the steering arms. The joys of trying to sort out the three boxes of stuff from Westfield into what was needed for each stage of the assembly!

Simon
Westfield 129

Re: Nice to see you Simon!

Post by Westfield 129 »

Just a suggestion about the carpet installation, and the occasional need to get into the transmission tunnel for service.

Prior to installing the interior, I cut the top of the transmission tunnel carpet out of the carpet set, using a razor blade.

Then, I had the edge of the floor/tunnel carpet bound with red vinyl that I could fold over the frame beneath the tunnel alloy cover plates. This gave the tunnel side carpet a finished look, covering the edges.

The tunnel carpet is then bound and attached to the top of the tunnel using snaps. This leaves the tunnel side carpet and the tunnel top carpet fully trimmed, and the top easily removed for tunnel cover plate access.

Service requires only renoving the snapped on tunnel top, and the screws for the tunnel plates.

The cost for this sort of trim work is minimal. And if you have your own sewing machine...

Once the carpet pieces were prepared, I installed the snaps and the carpeting myself. The final look is identical to the sewn together carpet set, but now, the top section can be pulled off the snaps, and the tunnel plates removed for access.