STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER

All things oily!
bobwhittaker

STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER

Post by bobwhittaker »

Have just had made to order a silencer all stainless by Birchill Automotive . Inlet pipe 2" ID by 18" long - Box 20" long
4" OD and 2" straight through centre to centre - Outlet pipe 2" ID , all with mirror finish polish and welded up as a single
item. Ordered by phone at 2pm Monday and received 10am Wednesday .

Silencer £55.00 , Delivery £10 including Vat .

All one straight run without a bend on the outlet , fills the space nicely and exits clear of the rear wheel/tyre . Gives a
pleasing " Gruff Note ", I have no idea what the db rating might be but there have been no complaints from the
neighbours as yet .

Good product , good price , good service ! ! I have no conection with Birchill Automotive
jonclancy

Re: STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Bob,

Is this a direct replacement for the std WF silencer?

Does the std strap fit etc?

Cheers

Jon
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

It does not use the standard strap , my original box was a 5" X 4" oval , this is a 4" diameter cylinder .
I made a simple suspension bracket using a " U " bolt and saddle exhaust clamp around the tail pipe ,
with a piece of 30mm x 30mm ss angle with a hole in each face , one for it to pick up one leg of the " U "
bolt the other to fix a rubber bobbin mount with a stud on each end . The rubber bobbin then bolts through
the vertical end plate of the silencer recess in the sponson . Access at the forward end of the wheel arch
and only one hole drilled ,
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Thanks for the detail, Bob.

Still got your gearbox?

Cheers

Jon
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Ford Type 9 installed , sold the original rib case to a fellow Westfield XI owner .