Westy?

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

Westy?

Post by biggles »

Splat

Re: Westy?

Post by Splat »

You'd have to think so, wouldn't you? The shape of the centre tunnel is fairly distinctive.

In which part of the world are you bored and surfing the net, Tim? In my case it's a very wet Lisbon.......

I thought that I might be done Elevening for the year, but last Saturday saw a very wet track day at Lyneham, and I'm contemplating Abingdon next Friday!
biggles

Post by biggles »

At home for once Splatters! Was just on a coffee break from getting my nicely run in at 188,000 miles Peugeot 306 estate ready for its MOT, and feeling every one of my 47 years due to not having had a proper nights sleep for a full week now. I'd like to claim it's because of my overactive love life, but I'd be lying (combination of my boy's terrible twos, and the usual long haul shenanigans)!

Anyway, digressing, I think it's an early car and the rear clam looks a bit different, maybe the LHD humped examples are a bit different at the arse end. Jan would be the man to tell us, as he can park his two side by side...

TTFN Tim
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

I feel your pain! :D

Sorry I missed spectating at LYN, Splat. Did Col and Mooch have a good time?

That car’s interior is certainly not what I’d expect, but I’m sure it would be a hoot to drive (anything sporty) in Valencia. I wonder what mill it has?

No price, either. If it’s more than £16K, you really should be giving me a call, spending a little more, and getting a pretty well sorted Westfield XI. 8-)
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Well, I first thought that it might be a RevPro, which was a copy of a Westy 11 as it was LHD and the instrument panel was sort of strange. Then I noticed that the rear coil overs were in the right place for a W11. Also the rear underpanel is the same as my car, where it would have been a fuel tank on a Rev Pro.

It is likely a W11 with a fuel tank relocated to the rear and a different instrument panel.
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

And additional cut outs in the front clam to free the tyres?
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Windscreen is a different profile from mine. Interesting. Would still like to see under the clips for engine/suspension details.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

The windscreen has the same rake as mine, which is an early car (#129) with the fiberglass windshield mounting. The windshield looks higher, but it could have been replaced a few times over the years.

The early cars are pretty old, most dating from the mid 80s and now over 30 years along. That's time for a lot of different owners, changes and "improvements", such as the fuel tank being moved to the rear.

I am sure that the front clamshell was cut away for clearance, maybe due to stress cracks.
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

Why not ask the seller for a photo of the engine? Here you go:
Attachments
Copia de Imagen 517.jpg
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

The doors have front hinges like a normal car rather than the horizontally mounted piano hinges on the sills. These are barely visible on the carandclassic site, but better visible on the other photos I received.

It is registered as a 1958 Lotus Eleven MKII, or that is what I read from the paperwork with my limited knowledge of Spanish.