possible donor?

Everything else Eleven related
seajayare

possible donor?

Post by seajayare »

Westfield 129

Re: possible donor?

Post by Westfield 129 »

Ok, rear axle, front uprights with disc brakes, steering rack with brackets and instruments that will require rebuilding.
Engine?
Price?

Do you need an entire car to get that?
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

The three letters, three numbers identity would be good and have a value - as long as an engine and gearbox can be satisfactorily added to the logbook so that an age related plate can be issued on completion.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Yep Jan, unless you have a registration for some sort of donor car which can supply two of the major components such as steering system and both axles, you will get a Q plate awarded when you register the car, and you can’t ever get rid of it. It marks the car as being a modern kit replica, ruining the 'period' look....
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

My donor was a complete car with a V5c but it was a complete wreck and cost £900, every donor component needed major overhaul/refurbishment/replacement with me spending circa £4,000 of the engine, replaced the gearbox with a Type 9 at circa £1,500 and probably another £2,000 on bearings/seals/gauges/king pins/radiator etc and lots of my (and my friends) time. If your planning on a high spec'd car this is probably best app roach but if you're on a budget a running car for £3,000 to £4,000 might be a better approach but you'll still probably spend another £1,000 to £2,000on refurbishment/replacement.