XIs at Mallory Park

Everything else Eleven related
Mknight702

Re: XIs at Mallory Park

Post by Mknight702 »

If Mr Best needs an untrained spanner monkey to pass the wrong sized tools at inappropriate moments, let me know, I think I can be available on Saturday.

As for the oil, I don't really know, my guess is it should be OK.

Hope that helps!

No.32
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Thanks for the offer, but we should be OK with having the car ready. I'm going to try and get it fettled this weekend. It's only an hours job to do the timing cover oil seal and check everything else over. Then (touch wood) on race day there's also very little to do other than change the wheels and check tyre pressures. You are of course welcome to stand around with us for as long as you like! The joys of having a road car to race - all those niggly little problems are found on the road and sorted. Having said that I'll probably have something go wrong now...
I will usually have a couple of spare tickets (unless some of the family decide to come along) so will let you know closer to the day. Usually get 4 free with race entry.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Got schedule for 17th at Mallory. Practice 11:30 and race at 16:00. Scrutineering not until 10:25 so relatively late start. Whoopee! Means I can have a couple of beers at Walter Trout gig the night before! Combined with Kit Cars again so must work out start drill this time. Anyone waves anything and I'm off this time...
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

OK so we need to aim to be there by 11am. Working back from there I need to leave Huntingdon at ~9:30. Routeplanner gives me A14-A6-A563-A47 and change. Is there anyone else planning to join and if so does that route coincide so we could meet en route? If you have any better ideas for route please let me know.

Matthew
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Mr Best fixed the timing cover oil leak today, and test drove the car pronouncing it to be going very well indeed. So, looks like I'm going to have to drive it next Sunday. Can't wait! We'll be there for about 08:30 otherwise the paddock access will be closed once practice starts. Hope to see you there.
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Is it just going to be me and the family then?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Well, Techbod said he might make it, and Mallory is not too far from his neck of the woods. Marcus - you listening?
It's a long way for Stephen, even if he stops over...
Mark B said he might...
I'll drop a line to David Lentell who was hoping to make it.
What did Brian say?

So, yes, it could just yourself and clan. Plus Eric and Austen, of course. Either way, forecast at this time looks OK so can't wait.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

I'm going to try and make it - what are the times again? I take it us mere mortals just park at the top entrance car park and walk on in?

I'd like to take the 7, but I need to find my crank pulley. I took it of a couple of months ago, forgot and started it up. Why is my alternator light on? Oh yes. damn :oops:

I'll look for it this afternoon...

Can meet up with anyone en-route if possible.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Hope you make it. Seven or otherwise.

Best to park outside the circuit, or stay trapped until lunch...
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

At the moment it looks like I shall be stuck coming in the tin top as I am getting adverse comments about taking two cars, boo hiss. Looks like a good sunny day too.

If anyone wants to meet up let me know 07734 159316.

Matthew