Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

Re: My 11 build

Post by jonclancy »

Fabulous! I bet you’re chuffed... :D
Splat

Post by Splat »

Yup, well done!! You seem to be really cracking along.

Just as an aside, it was back in March (pages 11-12) when you were installing your Denso-type alternator. I commented that I might get one for a replacement for when my Lucas alternator failed? Well, I took the car out for the first time this year two weeks ago. And guess what? Third one to fail. So I too now have a small Jap unit fitted. In my case an eBay discount code made a genuine Denso unit rather affordable! The lower bracket came from the chap at the end of Jon’s link on page 11. Not had the opportunity to take it out for a run yet, but it all seems good at idle.......
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Linky, please Splat! :D
zei220

Post by zei220 »

jonclancy wrote:
> Fabulous! I bet you’re chuffed... :D

Jon, i'm over the moon :D
zei220

Post by zei220 »

OK, back in the garage after a week or so away on the bike...

While I was away the reducer hose arrived so I was able to finish the plumbing and filled the coolant system with a mixture of distilled water and antifreeze. Ran to engine while watching the temp gauge and looking for leaks, first off the gauge started to rise towards the HOT area on the gauge, but didnt spot any leaks. Took off the rear bypass hose to make sure there wasn't a air lock and poured coolant into the pipe until coolant came of the bypass hole. Tried the engine again, this time noticed a small leak which I stopped with a application of PTFE tape. Tried the engine again, no leaks :D however the temp gauge goes towards the HOT area again but I let it run for a while, the radiator fan came on and seemed to hold the temp steady.

Time to start the IVA application.....
zei220

Post by zei220 »

A little more progress today....

The car is now on its wheels and it seems so low after the chassis stands, should be easy to get in and out without opening the doors.

I've fitted the front mud guards.

[attachment=1]front mud guard1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]front mud guard2.jpg[/attachment]

And I've received acknowledgement from the DVLA they are processing my IVA application.
Attachments
front mud guard2.jpg
front mud guard1.jpg
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

Congratulations getting the car on it's own wheels, it took me a week of playing around to get the engine started, after driving the car I now realise it was most probably down to not having connected/used the choke.
Morris

Post by Morris »

It's looking very good - an exciting milestone.

I'm fitting the front hubs now to mine, so if I attached the front wheels I'd have a wheelbarrow!
zei220

Post by zei220 »

and the news is...... IVA arranged for 8th August. I need to get the loan seats from Westfield and get them fitted.
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

8th August - that's not far away!

Come to think of it, my first MOT is due on the 10th. Where has the three years gone since my build was at your stage?

Good Luck.

Simon