DOOR TOPS

Everything else Eleven related
bobwhittaker

DOOR TOPS

Post by bobwhittaker »

Unfortunately I have shattered the left hand door top and in the process lost the forward 25% , the section with the curve and the cutout to mate up with the
main screen . Westfield have today , 6 August , advised me that presently they only supply the complete three piece assembly at £374.00 . Does
anyone have a redundant item or know who the actual manufacturer might be before I attempt some D.I.Y. The car is still usable , just draughty .
Cheers , Bob Whittaker .
Westfield 129

Re: DOOR TOPS

Post by Westfield 129 »

Yes, they replace the whole aero screen.

You might contact an aircraft windshield fabricator (these technicians also supply race car aero screens, and can also make your headlight covers). There is a good sized home built aircraft community in the UK, so you should be able to find someone that can cut and bend your side panels. Otherwise, just get a new windscreen assembly.
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Of course the car can be used without the screens , after all don't Westfield advise that the car be taken for the I.V.A. examination
without the doors and screens fitted !
Cheers, BOB .
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Could you template the borken section in card, Bob? Then cut and bend your own piece. Or was it more than just the screen damaged?
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

JON
If I can't source a replacement at a realistic price it is my intention to have a go myself , as I see it that is what these cars are all about anyway .
Cheers , BOB .