Heater Tap Mod

All things oily!
jonclancy

Re: Heater Tap Mod

Post by jonclancy »

http://www.burtonpower.com/revotec-self ... st13k.html

That's exactly what I need! Thanks Jan. I didn't even know they were available. At the moment, I have a selection of brass barb connectors, but they really are rather heavy! Thus not fitted yet. :D
Westfield 129

Re: Heater Tap Mod

Post by Westfield 129 »

You can tap the cylinder head in NPT and use some sealer (I like Hondabond/Yamabond) on the small screws, eliminating the head cover plate and the valve. The fitting will be 3/8"NPT or 1/2" NPT to AN -6. You can use a right angle fitting for push on hose, eliminating a clip or two. Very clean.

I used this on another W11 a few years ago, with the through the hose fittings, and there were no leakage problems. The car's owner found the fittings. He spends a lot of time searching the internet...

I am using this same setup on my own car.

I (and many of my builder friends) have decided over the last couple of years to use push on hoses rather than the much more expensive, harder to fabricate stainless braided hose assemblies. For most applications, the push on Aeroquip or Goodridge hose is easier to work with, is more flexible and has the same service life as the braided rubber hoses. It works for just about everything that is less than 150 psi, and costs about half as much, while taking half the time. Oh, and no splinters or cuts... OUCH!