Manifold for Weber 45DCOE

All things oily!
Morris

Manifold for Weber 45DCOE

Post by Morris »

Hi,

If the Maniflow steel inlet manifold is the best for a Weber 45DCOE, what size should I be looking at and does it matter whether it is for an MG or a classic Mini? Reason being that I've seen a used one (3.75 " classic Mini) for sale...

Many thanks.

Morris.
Westfield 129

Re: Manifold for Weber 45DCOE

Post by Westfield 129 »

For power, the longer the better. Maniflow will make an intake to your specifications,

I believe that the last one I used was 6" long (much longer than would fit in a Mini), with a slight rise to it, about 3/8", from the cylinder head to clear the frame with the K&N air cleaner with stub stacks on the carb (not long stacks, as the short ones make more power), and be beneath the bonnet with a top mounted Sytec throttle linkage. I have used 5 and 6" manifolds without problem.

Feel free to custom order your intake. I always have through my dealer here in the US.

The carb air cleaner will be close to the frame, but the torque of the engine will ensure clearance.

I prefer the Sytec linkage as it has a very strong integral return spring, the ability to run a twin throttle cable (but not mandatory, I run a single cable with mine) and very smooth operation. It's top mounted so it is easy to work with.
Morris

Re: Manifold for Weber 45DCOE

Post by Morris »

Ok yes, I read that the longer intakes produce a bit more power.

An original Weber twin cable linkage kit came with my carb that can be fitted either above or below, so I'll most likely go with that.

Many thanks.

Morris.