Stoneleigh this weekend….

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

Stoneleigh this weekend….

Post by biggles »

Anyone going to the Stoneleigh show this Saturday / Sunday?
I’ll be there on the Sunday. Would be great to say hi to some of the forum members if you are about!
jonjh1964

Re: Stoneleigh this weekend….

Post by jonjh1964 »

Biggles, I'm going on Sunday but will be in the SEIW (orange/black reg W*0JJH) not the Eleven as I'd doing it as a 300+ mile day trip and will be parking on the WSCC area - I'll look out for you. Travelling up from Somerset and planning to be at Stoneleigh for opening time and heading home early afternoon. Jon
biggles

Post by biggles »

I missed you Jon! Maybe next time!
There was some W11 interest in the solitary hall of exhibitors - the rolling chassis of an electrified W11 from Eco Classics. For only approx £22,000 plus VAT they will sell you a kit to convert your chassis with a 100kW motor, 44kwh battery pack and associated gubbins.
I won’t be partaking on the grounds that it’s way to expensive, and the thought that one slip of the spanner could connect me with a lot of electrons just waiting to cook my goolies. I don’t fancy being found on the garage floor looking like a 92 kilo fried egg!
Cheers all
Tim
Last edited by biggles on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

I saw the electric Eleven at Westfield a couple of weeks ago along with an Eleven they were building for a customer - something they didn't offer in 2017 when I ordered mine. Speaking to Simon Westwood, Westfield have sold 18+ Chesil Es, are uncertain if a market exists for the Eleven E (but were obviously willing to try) and are working on a new SEIWE, but keeping it under wraps at the moment.