RHD Westfield 11 For Sale

Everything else Eleven related
Westfield 129

RHD Westfield 11 For Sale

Post by Westfield 129 »

The late chassis RHD Westfield 11 that I built a few years ago is for sale.
This is the car that was documented on my Yahoo westxiownersbuildersdrivers site.

This is a car with all of the good parts. The engine is a 1380 A Series, fully blueprinted block, with a Longman cylinder head, SPVP3 scatter pattern cam, roller rockers, AE pistons, MED engineering damper and Fidanza alloy flywheel. All of the engine fasteners are from ARP. There is also an oil cooler, spin on filter and a custom built, double pass alloy radiator by Ron Davis.
There is a 3 inlet catch/breather tank, and the cooling system fill/expansion/header tank is stainless steel.
Only the short block assembly and the rear axle housing were retained from the donor. Both the engine and the rear axle housing were then re manufactured, while the rest of the parts were sourced new.

The axle housing suspension mounts were TIG welded on a jig to ensure accuracy.
There is a TranX LSD, and Peter May rarce axles, with Double Bearing Hubs.

Steering gear is a new production RHD quick ratio "fat rack".

MiniMania/Huffaker Engineering race front spindles, properly machined for the Timken taper roller bearings.
New front calipers are fitted.

The brake system has twin master cylinders with a Westfield supplied bias bar brake pedal. Reservoirs are mounted above the foot box for easy of service. The foot box cover can be removed for bias bar adjustment without removing the reservoirs or other components.

The transmission is a proper Close Ratio SP Components "Long 1st", built by SP Components, with the short throw shifter. The installation kit came from Westfield, and the bell housing has been relieved to eliminate the rattle against the frame.

Wheels and tires are 15" wires (5" wide front, 72 spoke, 5.5" wide rear, center laced 70 spoke), with the correct Dunlop Vintage race tires in 4.50X15 and 5.00X15. These wheels are "over the counter" fitments from MG and Triumph TR250. They are not custom made and can be easily replaced if damaged.

Dampers are double adjustable Protechs, in the longer length of the early chassis to improve ride and handling. Suspension adjusters are top mounted for ease of adjustment, and to keep the dirt out.

The chassis has been sorted, ride height set for a 180 lb driveer, and corner weight adjusted.

The lighting has been revised with period correct Lucas flat tali light lenses, and perilod correct lighting switches. All new Smiths instruments are installed into a custom instrument panel with the speedo mounted on the (LH) pasenger side.

The mini alternator is a Hitachi, with a rod end adustable lower bracket. A Voltmeter is installed in the insturment panel.

The scuttle has quick release Dzus slide fasteners inside to allow removal in about 1 minute for service.

The electrical system uses a Lucas scheme, with Lucas wire color codes for ease of service. The fuse block is a full labeled Painless race unit, with integraged turn signal flashers and horn relay.

All of the fasteners in the suspension and drive train are fractional. There are no metric fasteners on the chassis other than the rear trans mount bolt. This simplifies maintenance and the need to carry two sets of tools on long tours. There was quite a bit of effort to simplify the servicing of this car, using socketless hose and fittings, uniform fastener specifications and quick release fasteners on the scuttle.

Even the fuel line from the tank to the carburetor is mounted within the scuttle (away from a frontal crash) with short socketless hose runs to the fuel tank and the carburetor.

The car was enjoyed by the previous owner for several thousand miles, and I personally put about 2000 miles on it sorting it out.
Its maiden voyage home was a 500 mile tour from my home in Thousand Oaks up to Concorde, CA, the car's home base.

The handling of this car is neutral, with a nice, smooth transition to oversteer on throttle. The balance is perfect, and the feel and feedback from the steering and brakes is perfect.

The Westfield can be viewed at Morgan West in Santa Monica, CA (morganwest.net), or I can make arrangements to demo the car here at my home in Thousand Oaks, on the Santa Monica Mountain canyon roads.

I know that there are issues with this car if imported to the UK (tires, lights, and the twin master brake system may be problematic for an IVA, if that is necessary), but there really is no better W11 currently available. Not a corner was cut on this car, and all of the "I wish" boxes were checked. No, no rear disc brakes, but, well, if you want that, I can now do an installation. You can see the build on both of the Yoohoo sites, including Westfield_Eleven (under "THE LAST XI" album).

The parts alone (including the W11 kit, Westfield options and fabrication/machinework) cost for this car exceeded $42,000 (and most of the parts were sourced in the UK), I doubt that I could build another one for that price. Labor? Well, probably more than $16,000. Maybe closer to $20K...
Asking $42,000. If you are seriously interested, make an offer.

So, if you are looking for a near perfect, very quick Westfield 11 in RHD, turn key ready to be enjoyed on the road or track, this is the car.
I can supply any additonal images or information.

Oh, and there is also a lovely 1950 Beach Bonanza, fully restored, with an updated panel, and tip tanks, if anyone is interested. Let me know.