2019 Mileage

Everything else Eleven related
Westfield 129

Re: 2019 Mileage

Post by Westfield 129 »

I had 3 layer Temperfoam (Sunmate) MEMORY FOAM installed in my Siai Marchetti seats. MUCH more comfortable for those 8 hr days in the cockpit.
Thickness is about 3" or so. I am going to have the Morgan seat squabs re done with the Temperfoam as well.
That bunch of pads in my W11 is unupholstered Temperfoam. Actually very comfortable for the long drives. One day, I will have the padding upholstered into a proper seat.

Only one problem... When cold, Temperfoam/Sunmate is as hard as bricks until it warms and softens. So don't fall into the seat first thing if it is a cold day.

THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO MARKETED UNDER THE NAME "SUNMATE", WHICH IS A NON FLAMABLE MEMORY FOAM. You can search for a supplier locally.
Get 3 layer and cut to fit.

I think that the "Backsaver" product was originally an Air Force idea for longer flights. Here is a link to Pegasus Racing.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... RecID=1059
biggles

Post by biggles »

Good thread, Jon, always nice to generate hints and tips of where to go, particularly if one is out with the family at a zoo trip or similar, say Cotswold Wildlife park, and it just 'happens' to be the Historic Specials Day on the 11th August. What a coincidence!

I’ll be there, anyone else? Oh and planning VSCC Prescott on the 3rd too.....

Shame I didn’t know you were heading to Gaydon, Jonners, I could have met you at Bicester Heritage for a coffee....
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Sadly I’m elsewhere on the 3rd (Reject, EFOTO etc, if anyone is interested!). Don’t even think I could get over to Prescott for any meaningful time on the 4th either. Drat! I was looking forward to seeing the vintage heroes doing their stuff on the hill. Next time I’m anywhere near Gaydon, I’ll give you a shout. It was a whistle-stop visit anyway, but next time....
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

I clocked just over 1000 miles last season. Thought I had my own trophy in the bag! But, chatting with Splat, it seems I was well short. Probably because he was using it to commute to work while his daily driver is having the engine rebuilt! :lol:

Any advance on around 3K miles, anyone?