Donington Sat 23rd March

Racing and trackday chat
erictharg

Donington Sat 23rd March

Post by erictharg »

First race of my season is this Saturday at Donington. We race with the Roadsports crew which means a decent 45 minute race (just do-able on one tank of fuel), and we get to run the full Grands Prix circuit. Should be fun. Car pretty much as it was from last year's Birkett other than the new dual master cylinder brakes, and I'm hoping to give the used 450 M13 Dunlop Historic tyres a try (if it's dry). If they are really bad, or if it is wet, I'll revert to the Yoko A021's.
The Roadsports classes are similar power to weight ratios to the Eleven so should have some good racing. If anyone fancies a first outing to watch you'd be most welcome. I'll likely have two spare tickets so if you are planning on coming let me know and I'll leave them at the gate for you.
techbod
Site Admin

Re: Donington Sat 23rd March

Post by techbod »

if I get everything finished tomorrow, I might be able to get over for some of the days racing on Saturday.
I don't suppose you have a timetable to hand?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Qualifying 0955. Race at 1455. However, 750Mc & Donington to review weather forecast and decide by noon today is they will cancel or not. Right now it shows snow all day...and I don't think there's time to find some nice rallying M&S tyres!
Will post if it is cancelled. Otherwise be great to see you there. Will be bloody cold though.
adamwilkinson

Post by adamwilkinson »

Good luck charles.

I remember the last race at Lydden Hill was cancelled due to snow - shame really as i was really looking forward to it given my result the day before (3rd overall - even lead for a while too!!).
adamwilkinson

Post by adamwilkinson »

Stand down chaps, Donington has been postponed until later in the year.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Ok thanks for letting us know. I did wonder when I opened the curtains this morning to be greeted with more snow. It might work out better for later in the year anyway, more likely to find the time to go (unless it clashes with Silverstone Classic of course).
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Can't say I'm sorry. Would rather do what should be a good event in half decent weather. Looking forward to it being re-scheduled on a warm dry sunny day!