Old Owner!

Everything else Eleven related
Chris Todd

Old Owner!

Post by Chris Todd »

Old Owner?
Well it feels that way!

Last year I met Charles at 750MC Brands and he told me about the register, filled full of enthusiasm I made my first post within a couple of days and then the distractions of life took over until chatting to Stephen this week about his Eleven when he reminded me about this site. :oops:

Feeling somewhat embarrassed I said I would get on board and introduce myself and send a picture for the register. Apologies, but better late than never!

A quick intro then.................

In early 2005 I decided to look for an Eleven and a mere 17 months later I stumbled on an ad that had me racing to the Midlands 2 days later!
I acquired chassis no 65 and the following week it was delivered to my home in Surrey on a trailer, which was probably a good thing for cars that have not run for a long time tend to blow gaskets, hoses, seals and break down as I was to find out!

The next few months were spent getting the car up to a reasonable spec. and finally wife Lesley and I set of for our first decent run down to Goodwood one fine Sunday morning.

Whilst driving down a long straight road at 55 mph we had the misfortune to have a stag jump over a garden hedge and land on our bonnet. The car stood up amazing well and somehow we were unscathed despite antlers rattling around our heads! The nice man from the insurance company played fair and we were back on the road 6 months later!

The car is now in good shape and used regularly giving us huge amounts of pleasure. We had a great run Christmas morning in Santa Suits!

We enjoy our motor racing and can generally be found in a paddock or on a spectator fence most weekends at a circuit somewhere, which is where we came in meeting Charles!

Glad to be on board, hello to everyone, promise to log on more often in future :roll:
sgrant

Re: Old Owner!

Post by sgrant »

Hello Sir; glad to see you made it!

When I get my car finally back, let's meet up again for a natter and a look over the cars...

stephen
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Welcome to the fold. Hopefully see you at some other event sometime this year!

Charles
Chris Todd

Post by Chris Todd »

Aboard I am!

Stephen, we must have a meet when your car comes back, it will no doubt be worth the wait.

Charles, will catch up somewhere, maybe 750MC Brands in April?

Chris