"Not an Eleven" for sale again...

Everything else Eleven related
Splat

"Not an Eleven" for sale again...

Post by Splat »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-LOT ... 35c40b0fcc

I wonder if all those who are bidding actually know what they are bidding on?
alleggerita

Re: "Not an Eleven" for sale again...

Post by alleggerita »

well, if it is what I guess it is, this car is a special one for sure.

Westfield built this Sports 2000, as a successor of the XI. However, this project got binned because of bigger plans. Chris might want to get in and comment now.

These cars were real track beasts and usually very fast if correctly set up. The advantage was the high bonnet that allowed for Ford Twin Cams.

In total there were only 6 or so built.

Problem, as ever: the Q reg. number: I can't get it on a Dutch period license plate because of this, and as a consequence it has to comply with 2013 rules. (emission, lights, safety, sound etc.). Horror.
Splat

Post by Splat »

The Sports 2000 is a contemporary 7-style car using the Ford Duratec engine. This is one of the three or four cars commonly referred to as the Eleven Supersport. Potent surely, but not an Eleven. If you were bidding expecting an Eleven, you'd be sadly disappointed when you saw it in the flesh. Dawn French to Kate Moss..............
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

horses for coarses.....
Splat

Post by Splat »

Totally agree.

But the seller knows that it's not an Eleven. It's not just the bodywork; the chassis is substantially larger and the whole is much heavier. Yet he continues to advertise this as an Eleven (I think that this is the third time he's had it on ebay in the last two years). How many Westfield Eleven owners are aware of the Westfield Supersport? So how many of the twenty different bidders to date know what they're bidding on?
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

I agree it's wrong to make any reference to an XI. Only from a far distance it looks alike, and for sure it is not built in the same spirit as an XI. So yes, it shouldn't be advertised as an XI, already because it was never built and an meant to be one.

On the other hand, there is a huge market out there for specialty cars. I guess this one should fit fine in one of the sub categories. Obviously with all due respect for everybody who dares to take the bet.