Stoneleigh

Everything else Eleven related
erictharg

Re: Stoneleigh

Post by erictharg »

Don't think I'll be going. The Eleven is not tested or insured at present, and I need all my pennies for racing. Might come over in the Mazda if the weather looks good. Will let you know.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Sorry to hijack the thread! Ben i pmed you again.
Biggles

Ps im working for stoneleigh worse luck
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Nice to see Mat and the Eleven at Stonleigh. Supercharger installation looks very neat - small amount of tweaking still required I gather - small amount of extra oil outside the engine ...

Also nice blue Linder Eleven parked up round the corner? Anyones here? Was getting alot of attention.
beng4

Post by beng4 »

Yes thats mine! Did come across to the westfield area several times, but no-one to talk to near the only W eleven there. I was there for about 3 hours yesterday, and was surprised by the reaction, alot of people were very interested in my car. Car git rather hit in m69 home, need to investigate cooling system now.

Ben
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Looks great - heard a couple of chaps say "now that's a REAL Lotus eleven" whilst wondering around it. :D

In the flesh it does look slightly smaller and neater(series 1 a-like?) than the Westy I think, and not just because of the lack of LeMans hump. Very nice.
beng4

Post by beng4 »

Yes, i also got asked whether it was a real one which was kind of nice. When i set out to build the car i had hoped that when finished, the lotus enthusiast would do a double take and ask whether it was real or not. Possibly looks slightly smaller due to the very close proximity to the ground! The one on the westfield stand and the wscc had a few more inches clearance than mine currently has. I also think that the wheelbase of the westy is about 3in longer, whereas my chassis is to series 2 eleven dimensions. The trip to stoneleigh was actually my first real trip out since 'completion'. Started to overheat and missfire in the queue to get it and ran hot on the way home, the car has a full undertray so its very difficult for the heat to escape, ive got a few ideas which will now be put into action.

Ben
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Sorry to have missed you at the show Ben. I did see you arrive but didn't see where you went to. (BTW Had you asked one of the people dressed in the fetching pink then they would have pointed you in my direction.)

Car made it home without too much problem, now to work out where and why the oil is vacating the engine. I think it's partly breather related and possibly rocker cover gasket too. New gasket fitted and additional breather ordered.

Matthew
beng4

Post by beng4 »

Matthew,

Shame to have missed you, i missed they guys dressed in pink, or maybe subconsciously avoided them... would be good to meet up with other xi owners some time, the supercharger sounds great i would love to see the installation in detail.

Ben