2013 Get Together?

Everything else Eleven related
beng4

Re: 2013 Get Together?

Post by beng4 »

I had hoped to get to the meet but have a diary clash. Would be great to meet up with others at an alternate venue/date.

Ben
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

I'm at Donington this Sunday (30th), and all being well will follow that with Rocky. Hope to see some of you there!
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Right, despite the best attempts from work to scupper the plans I am on for the 14th. I presume that we will all be parking at random in the car park? Where will you be EricT, will there be room for an incompetent spanner twirler to stand round and offer useless pieces of 'advice'?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Not entered yet so no details of the programme. I generally don't enter a race until I've successfully completed the previous one. Still cautious! You may be able to get into the paddock at Rocky - they are usually not too fussy. Especially if you have some "interesting cars. Will keep you posted.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Sounds promising for at least a few of us to make it, then.

Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your cars! 8-)
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Rockingham details are published. Practice 11:20 on Saturday 13th, with race 1 at 16:10 Saturday. Second race then at 10:40 on the Sunday. So, more happening on Saturday, but hopefully something happening both days! I got issued with a Paddock pass so you'll have to try and blag your way into the paddock. What I've done before is tell them I'm delivering some urgently needed parts to one of the race teams. Worth a try? Hope to see some of you there at some point. Shakedown run on the road went fine today so car seems fit. I'm even quite impressed how good the bodywork looks given the state it was in.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Yes, I have a precision-engineered widget for urgent delivery. Or indeed a pair of wrapped driveshafts to put in the pax footwell.

They'll read this and I'll get banished! What's the name? Er Simon... Or Tim... :D

BTW, a week or so ago, I clicked over 2000 miles. In a year, so not bad at all. Was out for a Cotswolds blat late yesterday evening and it was sublime. All the best bends on the best roads were absolutely clear. 55bhp joy! 8-)
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Well I was hoping to make it along, but as I feared my social secretary confirmed today I have to do the family thing and go and visit the outlaws on Saturday.. No pass for me this time. Eric T good luck and hopefully catchup with everyone else next time round.
Cheers
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

Eric, I am travelling in the UK this week, and the plan is to take the Folkestone train back to the mainland Friday evening. Suppose I would postpone that, I could go to Rockingham and meet you there prior to start of the practice? Or is there already action on the Friday?

Is it hard to get in the paddock?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

There's nothing planned for Friday, and as only live a few miles away I will be driving there Saturday morning. I will aim to be there for around 09:00 to get scrutineered by 09:45. No problem getting into the paddock (on foot) but you will need to buy a general entry ticket at the gate - usually about £10 to £12. Hope you can make it.